Leaf Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Leaf Issues

So less than a month ago I sprouted this seed with a CFL under a water bottle dome. That quickly turned into a problem because it didnt need the extra humidity, and the leafs got some spots (2nd picture). Then it kept getting the same splotches, but turning brown and brittle, on new leafs. Its my first time using COCO Coir and only my second plant. The roots have no bad odor or color to them and the leafs are still looking bad (3rd picture). I moved the plant to a bigger pot but idk if its too late to do anything. I've been giving it about 3-5 ml every other day of liquid fert. mixed into 150-200ml water. If y'all can help me out at all I'd really appreciate it.

Hello SmartWater
    do you check the pH of your water?
    I think first thing is to stop water the plant everyday for right now, let the Coco dry out for a day or two. It looks a little wet and muddy with no perlite.
    what kind of fertilizer and how many watts are your lights.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• SmartWater
      SmartWater commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I dont check the pH, just buy ozarka gallons. Fox Farms Fertilizer and I was using a 40 watt bulb. Im moving it under two 300W led lights soon.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I would start checking your PH, if it is not between 5
      5 and 6.5 your plant will not uptake all the right nutrient, in coco you are going to need to add calmag as well. Start by letting it dry out, check your PH of your water and move it under you light, start your light up high and slow low it to the manufacturer recommend distance.

Here's a article for you to read
      Ever wondered how to use coco coir blocks to make a cannabis-friendly rich potting mix? This tutorial breaks it down...

Thanks again! I got it back to a good point. I noticed that I was also not allowing water to runoff and the nutrients build up was causing the opposite affect after it started to turn around for the better. Now I just need to train the plant.

Comment

To save time, and maybe space I want to try HST or LST on this plant. I have done LST on my grow before this one and everything was great. It was a fun and creative way to grow the first plant if you get bored easily, imo. Anyways, with this plant, I am wondering which technique would win in terms of time and yield.

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a believer in topping at the four node and growing out eight branches with Lst and super cropping, lollipopping the under growth in Flowering and focus on 12 to 18 topps. If you have a little extra veg time and space a scrog net will yield the most per sqft.
      Of course strain will also lean me in the right directions some low yield strains will produce more in a small space with manifolding grow, taller bushy plants are great for multiple toppings and flat growth.

• SmartWater
      SmartWater commented
      Editing a comment
      White Widow X Gorilla Glue

• SmartWater
      SmartWater commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you also remove everything except for the node you cut at?

That combo, if we're mine I would leave everything under the Forth, top 1/4in above the Forth, break the dominance of the two tops, and train flat like this,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180914_205711.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	297567
    For photoperiod Plants only.
    when the two fastest growing branches reach the edge of the pot top only those two and flip a week or two later. On the inside I would remove 1 of every 2 nodes, keeping the fastest growing one, make sense? Try and hit 12 to 15 main colas that are level for the stretch and the plant should look like this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181118_024604.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	297566

any time you cut or top you will be adding extra time to the plants cycle. I always top the day after watering.
    ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 03-10-2019, 10:23 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      May have fixed it, keep us posted.😎

• SmartWater
      SmartWater commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean when you say inside in this sentence, "On the inside I would remove 1 of every 2 nodes, keeping the fastest growing one, make sense?"

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      On a branch, at a node, there is a "set" of two leafs and two growth tips , take one side and leave one usually the one on top..

Comment

I just added some more hours to its night cycle and am about to go into the flowering stage. Should I re-pot it or would it make no difference? Anyways I counted 10 healthy colas and did some defoliating too.

Comment

• PhantomSulker
        PhantomSulker commented
        Editing a comment
        I am still new but I realized about week 5 or 6 in flower I needed bigger pots. I switched to Coco as well and been very happy with the results. I went with 1 gallon fabric pots and then moved to 5 Gal on all my photo plants and the two Auto's are in 3 gal pots. I determined from reading and asking around not to transplant in middle of flowering. Heck I have 2 clones that are likely going to need bigger than 5 gallon pots maybe? I have not ever heard someone say that they had too big of pots always other way.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X