Purpleman's Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purpleman's Story

How I got here. I'm a 52 year old commercial fisherman. Done it all my life, following after my father. Besides the constant aches and pains that I live with, from years of beating up my body, I was diagnosed with a rare form of muscular dystrophy about six years ago. No treatment or cure. About a year ago, a friend gave me some weed and said to try it before I went to bed, to see if it would help with the pain and get me some better rest. Holy shit! Pot aint like it was in the 80s! Needless to say, my experience has made me an advocate of marijuanna use and legalization! I am now a daily user, and quite frankly, I love it! It's tough when you've worked hard all your life and then your body tells you it's time to step away from your career of 35 years. I also love growing plants, flowers, veggies, but never really been that good at it. I am fascinated with all there is to know about successfully growing weed. Can't wait to germ my new seeds next week and start something good! Thanks guys, for having me!
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Great story. Only problem with growing this fabulous plant is once one starts ya can't stop. It's like smoking a joint - while your smoking it your planning on when to smoke your next one.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Sounds like you mighta come to the right place purpleman. Now lets get those seeds in some dirt and get to growing.

Comment

As you wish OB Wan
        3 Big Bazooka fem
        3 gal smart pots
        coco/perlite
        8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
        2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

I would welcome you to the party but you're already a part of it😉. I'm in the same boat, no pun intended. 20+ Years of swinging a hammer and lifting beams has taken a tolll on my back, knees, and neck, not to mention my Evel Knievel attitude in my off time didn't help I'm sure.

like Canuck147 said grow your own medicine is extremely addictive, I had to put myself in check this week after counting seeds in my possession×grow time×sqft= Don't buy more for awhile (shit Nirvana is having a sale on Wonder Woman) or maybe just build a bigger growroom.🤔

So now down to business, What seeds are you thinking about starting with and how many?
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• purpleman
            purpleman commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven't totally decided but I have 2 of each of the following: White Widow, Blue Widow, Critical, Black Cherry Punch, and POW 33 x Berry Bomb. I have room for 4 plants. You guys pick for me. When things start warming up, I'd like to put one on the porch, in a pot. How long can you keep seeds without germinating? I read that they last longer if you keep them in the fridge? Also (and I'm sure I'll change my mind) for the auto grow, I've become intrigued with "Northern Lights". Sounds like the perfect plant!

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            My vote would be for the white and blue Widows. Grower friendly and pretty fast.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Keep your seeds in a cool, dark place like a container in the fridge and they can stay viable for years of course the fresher they are the better.

Hey purps, we're glad you're here! It's wonderful to hear that you find relief with Cannabis; your Endocannabinoid System must have been real happy when you came back to her!!!
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X