Small Air Conditioner Recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Air Conditioner Recommend

Thinking forward to spring time and my second grow, I need a recommendation on a small 110 air conditioner. My grow room is small, wide enough and deep enough for 4 five gallon buckets, and 6 ft. tall. I will probably set the unit outside the room and up against the outside wall. My walls are made out of 1" foam board, so I will cut a hole for the air to enter the room. One of ya'll might tell me a way better idea. Hook me up!
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Hi purps, you don't want to install a window unit? I think your idea of putting it outside the room and being able to cut a "window" for the cool air to enter is an excellent one; folks seem to have a lot of trouble controlling the heat output of the portable AC units.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I've been looking at stuff online and have seen some pretty tiny a/c units. Just wanted opinions from the gurus before I order. Also, I ordered seeds from 420Seedguy and they should be here today. My girls are just finishing week 3 of flower, so I'm just waiting a few more weeks before starting to germinate a few more.
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy purpleman, Last spring when my home A/C unit died, I bought a 14,000 BTU portable A/C unit ( a Sun Pen Town SPT) from Wally World. It has to vent through a window or wall to remove the hot air. It also de humidifies as well. It keeps the living room comfortable, but is not big enough for the whole house. I'm planning on getting a smaller unit (8,000 or 10,000 BTU) for the grow room so that I can go back to two grows a year. The unit was not cheap (approx.. $450) but that was with a three year warranty, and has worked very well. Oh, it is on wheels and can be moved to other rooms as long as there is a way to vent the exhaust outside.

thanks dw2. more than i hoped to spend but it's probably worth it.
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes there are other less expensive ones, but $50 was for the two year warranty extension (on top of the one year one) and there were not any of the others that had as good of reviews from other buyers. A friend of mine who works for one of the stores that sell several of those types of A/C units warned me not to go with the cheaper LG model (His store did not carry the SPT unit).

Originally posted by purpleman View Post
      Thinking forward to spring time and my second grow, I need a recommendation on a small 110 air conditioner. My grow room is small, wide enough and deep enough for 4 five gallon buckets, and 6 ft. tall. I will probably set the unit outside the room and up against the outside wall. My walls are made out of 1" foam board, so I will cut a hole for the air to enter the room. One of ya'll might tell me a way better idea. Hook me up!
      Why not a small window unit up on a few concrete blocks, cool side in the room, warm side out, add a plastic drip tray to catch the condensation and you should be good to go for a low price.

You can get a 5000 BTU unit for about $150 and 450 watts it's not going to kill you on electric.

Comment

When my central AC failed, I called around for estimates, and bought window units for less money. The electric bill went down, the house is cool, and I can have it cooler in the bedroom, but I may need a bit bigger unit for the grow,,,,
        These dropped my bill enuf, I put window units in a rental, the electric bill dropped from over $400 a month to about $90!

Comment

yeah, I'm thinking the same set up with the smallest window unit I can find
          3 Big Bazooka fem
          3 gal smart pots
          coco/perlite
          2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X