Newb with a sick girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb with a sick girl

Can someone give me an idea on whats going on with my girl? This is a hydro grow photo seed running 12/12, PH is 6.2 humidity is 50% temp. 75

Hi lonnie, First of all, she could be getting ready to harvest; the leaves do turn yellow at the end. What week of flower is she in? Have you flushed her at all?

Your pH might need to fluctuate a bit more. Plants absorb different nutes at different pH levels (staying within the correct perameters for your grow medium, of course). This article may help you determine what's going on. https://www.growweedeasy.com/why-cannabis-leaves-yellow
    Last edited by alltatup; 02-04-2019, 03:45 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

As alltatup said it could be a sign of old age. My leaves are turning yellow too. Hey that shit ain't funny! They can stick the phrase "golden years" up their asses!

Comment

alltatup may be right. Plants at the dispensary where I worked turned very yellow starting about 2 weeks + before harvest.
        What hydro nutrients products are you using?
        Do you have TDS meter?
        What is TDS reading?
        Try to stay under 900 ppm.
        Do you possibly have hard water in the area where you live? General Hydroponics has a Micro Nutrient for Hard Water.
        Did you use Liquid or Dry KoolBloom? Dry KoolBloom will do that to plants fast. Just use it 1/4 strength.

Comment

Agreed, she actually looks healthy for a plant that is getting near harvest. You can actually start plucking some of the bigger, yellower leaves as they are ceasing photosynthesis and your plant will not miss them. It will divert more growth to the buds as they finish, and allow for better light penetration and air flow for a stronger finish.

Good job, newbie! Finishing your first grow is the best guarantee for a lifelong love of growing big fat juicy buds.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Light Burn ? just a possibility looking at some of the leaves. JMO.
            Last edited by Colombo; 02-05-2019, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I do not have a TDS meter. I am using General Hydro Floramicro, florabloom, floragrow nutrients and also hydroguard, and foxfarm calmag. I keep my PH at about 6.2. It seems like it's getting worse. see attached pics

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you flushed? That was the first question I asked you above. IF you haven't, you should.

My apologies for the delayed reply. Looking again at your [plants they do not look ready to harvest and should not be turning yellow.
              Flush for sure. Go to Ph balanced water for a few days.
              Can you tell if there is a problem with being root bound? Can you post a picture of the container they are in? What size is it? Type?
              1. Try to get a TDS meter if you can. My experience has been that if I mix Gen Hydro nutres to the recommended amounts the PPM readings can be very high.
              A TDS meter will also tell you your starting point as far as the TDS reading of your clear water. Hard water can be a problem.
              What week are you in on the feeding chart? Are you mixing your nutes using the Gen Hydro Feeding Charts for Flora Series? http://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts...TW_03216am.pdf

Comment

PS Looking again at the feeding chart, the nute strength is pretty low, around 500-600 ppm. If you have been following directions on bottles only then the mix may be too strong, maybe as high as 900+.
                Flushing should fix it.
                Do you have a grow store you can go to? They will have Gen Hydro flush if you need it, otherwise Ph balanced clear water for a couple of days will flush things well.

Comment

PS PS The red lines on the stems are an indicator of stress from my understanding. It looks like the plant was doing great then suddenly began to have a problem. In my experience it was from overfeeding or being rootbound or the dreaded root rot.
                  Post your growing medium info, too, if you don't mind.
                  Peace.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X