Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baby's first grow journal

Hey all,
    first off, thanks for all the help in my earlier thread.
    I've decided to start a running journal of my first grow to be updated weekly, though the first few entries will come all at once.
    First things first, setup details:
    #1 White Widow Auto
    #2 White Widow Auto
    #3 Amnesia Haze Auto
    #4 Amnesia Haze Auto
    4x4x6.5 Vivosun grow tent
    400W HID dimmable digital ballast w/ wing reflector
    6" Vivosun Exhaust fan, 440CFM w/ speed controller
    Coco coir and perlite, 7gal fabric pots
    General Hydroponics FloraTrio and CaliMagic

week 1:
    16/1 seeds sprouted in jiffy pellets
    150W MH @ 50cm, 18/6
    19/1 #4 dries out and falls over, but recovers when given water
    20/1 Lights increased to 400W
    23/1 week 1 summary:
    avg lights-on conditions: 28-30C° 40%
    #1-3 have grown to ~3cm and two pairs of leaves
    #4's growth stunted by severe shock

week 2:
    24/1 Lights lowered to 40cm, plants rotated 90°
    Avg Dark conditions: 18C° 60%
    Avg Light conditions: 28C° 35%
    Plants needed water every day in the hot, dry air
    Leaves started to curl and droop, but #4 starts growing again

week 3:
    31/1 transplanted to final containers (7gal pots)
    Light schedule changed to 20/4
    2/2 Light raised to 50cm to encourage plants to stretch
    3/2 foliar feed at lights out w/ 1/8 strength solution
    humidity has been closer to 50% since the addition of the fabric pots to the grow tent, and the girls look much happier in their new pots

and the adventure continues...
    I'll keep y'all posted

Great start! Nice color. You plan on letting them grow straight up or?????????

What do you foliar feed them with?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• doublem
      doublem commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm planning on putting the LST to them, but they're so short now, they're easily twice as wide as they are tall, barely a cm between nodes. I hightened the lights cause someone suggested to me that it might cause them to stretch more.

I just fed them with a weak nutrient solution, 1/6 ml/L each of FloraTrio and 1/3 ml/L of CaliMagic

Doublem, Glad to see your putting the Journal together! There is "always" an interest to see another-ones Grow ! Keep it growing.

Comment

Week 3 update,
      been keeping the temperature around 26C°, but I noticed that the bottom of the pots feels kinda chilly, tho that might just be evaporative cooling from the fabric and not the temperature of the actual soil. either way, I should be getting a fan later today to try and break up the hotspot. humidity with lights on is still a bit lower than I'd like (around 40%), but prolly ok. Only watered once, in the middle of the week, and foliar feed with the 1/8 strength solution three times. They finally got tall enough for me to feel comfortable LSTing them later today, and they're starting to smell goooooood...

Comment

after LST

Comment

week 4 update:
          I got another solid veg week, temps about 26C°, RH around 50%. I rotated them and watered them twice with nutrient solution; I think the coir might be a little hot cause some of the leaves look glossy. I also added fans for better circulation.
          I really got into the training this week, I tried a few iterations before I found out the Velcro I bought could stick to the fabric pots they were in

Comment

I just wanted to add that I think it's crazy how fast they're growing. I can't believe I worried about them being small; I can almost watch them growing

Comment

Week 5 update:
              They just keep going...
              My concerns about the hot mix were well-founded; I started to see nutrient-burned tips on a few leaves so when I watered them (I only needed to water once this week, right in the middle) I gave them a good hard flush with plain, pH 6.0 water. As they've gotten bushier the humidity has started to creep up to 70%, so I added a dehumidifier that seems to be keeping it under control for now; temperatures are staying down to 24-26C. Adding the fans to break up the hotspot has really helped keep the temps under control, tho I kinda wish I'd gotten an air-cooled hood...
              The training has effectively split the dominance of the main top and they each have at least a half dozen main colas, plus a bunch of littler growth tips. Those will probably never bulk up much but I can make hash with that popcorn when the harvest comes.
              I switched to HPS light today and raised the light to get them to stretch upward again, I'm hoping I can get them to add a few centimeters of height before the stretch ends (I'm not exactly sure when that'll be).
              They're getting so big :3

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X