free stuff to make the best compost worm food and nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free stuff to make the best compost worm food and nutrients

i get free used coffee/tea which i mix into my worm bins for them to munch on and break down and all throughout my compost and for some stuff i even use it as a filler in some soil mixes depending on what its for

i get free fruits and veggies from local place they throw out what they cant sale some are simple as just a slight blemish well i take buckets of the stuff home to feed my goats chickens and worms and make compost with the manures and bamboo leaf/mulch for the carbon source which is free..

i pick out good squash cucumbers bananas aloe leaves zucchinis and i make fermented fruit extract knf style

today i mixed up a batch of meaty fish heads with brown sugar to ferment for awhile.. got it from a friend this time but i do go fishing

sometimes.. i do pay for brown sugar coco coir/perlite/vermiculite and kelp and few other dry ammendments but mostly its extra stuff not actually needed since you go it all from the bamboo leaves and mulch to fruits and veggies and fish breaking down and turning into vermi compost worm castings and veg and bloom nutes..
    Last edited by freddyyola; 01-31-2019, 09:26 PM.

You sound like my wifey. She's been coronated Queen of Green. Check out Starbucks. They'll give you their coffee grounds.

Comment

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      im still learning everyday! and its fun i enjoy this type of stuff and im since im gowing foods as well its a plus to learn these things.. it just sucks my first gow i had a ph and watering problem and lost all but 1 plant and now i have bs problems making it hard for me to buy and seeds.. but hopefully i get it all figured out in time to get my first outside grow going this year!

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      With all of that organic material you'll soon be out growing everyone! https://youtu.be/uSM2riAEX4U

im at week 4.5 on the only plant that survived and its been going through alot of shit with the cold weather and being to close to my DE HPS but i got it covered now hopefully itll speed back to full health and finish with a bang!

its under 1000 watt DE HPS and a cheap ol 150ish watt led claiming to be 600 watt* if anything it helps alot with spectrum i kind got it in a grow tent some days i let it open to catch the sunlight too should only help!

i bet if it was under better conditions it wouldve been huge! it still looks good but i can it slowed down and we had a few really cold low 30's nights here and there and i notice the white hairs are wilting and drying out but im sure more will grow ive got a heater in there on a timer for nights now and its inside a tent with a fan blowing over the canaopy to move the heat from the hps soit flows throughout the tent so it stays warm although we been getting low 40/30s for temps but not its a bit warmer in the low 50s i leave the tent open.

i spray it down with a kelp and light mega crop dose everyday if im not lazy to help with humidity ima stick a 5 gallon bucket of watter in there and that should help raise the humidty with the heat and air flow in there also as the buds get bigger ima spray em alot less and ima give em all a rinse/dip before dry/cure.

gonna take pics tomorrow and make a post on it!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X