Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirSmksAlot
    replied
    I also use at least 1oz of dried bud per lb of butter. I prefer my butter a bit on the stronger side

Leave a comment:

• SirSmksAlot
    replied
    My wife can't handle the taste of weed. So what I do is lightly boil my decarbed flower in water for 10 or 15 mins. Drain the water and repeat this process 3 or 4 times till your water is clear. Then make your butter as normal. Pretty much zero weed taste. Butter is very light in color too.

Leave a comment:

• Ell
    replied
    decarbing does wonders.also can shorten crock time. kinda standard is 1 ounce to 1 pound of butter,but if you were happy at that strength thats cool too.

Leave a comment:

• Baron164
    started a topic Trying to make better butter

Trying to make better butter

I'm going to be making some more butter this weekend and I'm looking for tips that might help me improve the quality of my butter. Last time I ended up with pretty good butter strength wise but it had a strong aftertaste that I'd like to avoid if possible.

Last time I simply put about 1oz of ground up bud, 2lbs of unsalted butter, and some water into a crockpot, on low for 24 hours. I then poured the mixture through a couple layers of cheesecloth into molds.

Since then I've had some people recommend baking my ground bud in the oven before hand. Is that really going to help draw out more THC from the bud into the butter if I'm using a crockpot?

Also, I'm planning on using 4 layers of cheesecloth this time to help keep more plant material out of the butter but any other recommendations that could help me improve my butter would be greatly appreciated.

This is the cheesecloth I'm using.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X