Polar vortex 👎

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polar vortex 👎

WTF, man compared to the last few relatively mild winters,this stuff smacked u in the face with reality. Good old mo nature.....u just never know......Keep your self,and the girls warm tonite and till this moderates. 👍

6* as I type here in the garden state. Blew the chairs around the deck and a complete white out for about a 1/2 hr. I Hope Mother Nature gets it all out now for an early spring. When I go to let the dogs out they just look at me and walk away. I guess I can't blame them, I wouldn't want to put it out there either.LOL

Comment

I am on the south edge of this front, 12*F this morn, blasted weather dude said it would warm up over night, hasn't happened yet,,,
      All y'all in those really cold places stay warm, toss another log on the fire and grab the pipe!

Comment

It's 0 DegF right now here in Upstate NY. My wife woke me up around 1 am and said the power is out, got out of bed and it was cold in the house, went down stairs and fired up the kerosene back up heater, house temp was low 50's, checked the girls and the tent was 66, so wasn't worried yet. Went back to bed and 5 mins later power came back on, yippee, back down stairs to turn of the Kerosene heater and back to bed. Man I was happy the power came on.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
        IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

-43c with the windchill here in good ol Canada! It literally hurts to be outside.

Comment

11F here today, more like -4 with the windchill. The apartment stays pretty warm, and I have my two vegging plants on top of the flowering tent to get some of the heat from the light. Roomie wrapped scarves around the two pots; they're drinking a lot more because of the dry air but should be OK.

Not only did I miss my train stop to work (had no choice but to walk back from the next stop--well, I ran because I didn't wanna be outside any more than absolutely neccssary), but I got stuck in the warehouse today doing inventory precounts...three layers and I was still cold -_- (warehouse has a vent directly to the roof, they sealed it up by taping a drywall panel over it...doesn't help). This weather it hurts to breathe if I'm outside.
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Happens every year around now .
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

I've seen a balaclava with a filter mask (creates a microclimate so inhaled air is warm and humid)...not cheap, but I'm seriously considering getting one now. That would definitely cut down on winter respiratory annoyances.
                ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X