LED Full Range lights with IR, UV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Full Range lights with IR, UV

I got a Roleadro/Galaxy Hydro 600 Watt Full Range with IR, UV and dual dimmers. I like it real well but am not sure I am using it right. I used MH or HPS HID lights before for a small grow and got very large buds with thick stems. With the new LED light my plants had shorter nodal lengths but at harvest, the plants were not like the ones I grew under 400 Watt HPS and MH system.
    Not to be picky but another question I have is whether this light and ones similar in design should be called 300 Watts X2 since the light has a total of 60 10 Watt LEDs, 30 of which are used for VEG Section, 30 are used for BLOOM Section. If both sections are on and set to full power, that may get you to 600 Watts but if you have the potentiometers set below 100% then it only makes sense that the light is not producing 600 Watts.I also wonder about a tendency among us humans to turn the power controls for these style of lights up more than necessary because the light spectrum is designed for plants, not human eye and for reading etc. and does not appear very bright to the human eye but is plenty bright for the plants; maybe too bright.
    On this crop I have started off with the light power level very low - 30-40% and the plants have slightly longer nodes like with MH and HPS lights in the past.
    With 1st LED harvest, and transition to FLOWER stage, there was much less stretching than with my previous lights and I wonder if it is from having power up too much.
    I have 2 45 Watt LED panels on the side. One comes on in the morning, the other in the afternoon. These are just supplemental lighting. The light I am concerned with is the Roeladro/Galaxy Hydro 600Watt LED.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXM2XT5...ding=UTF8&th=1
    Last edited by TLP80905; 01-30-2019, 11:11 PM.

Not a LED .guy, I'm a Hid guy because led are a little misleading. Your light is not a true 600watts, but only 160watts. That is why your yield is not what you have seen with a Hid light, you go by actual draw with LED not equivalent.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190130-140056.png
Views:	106
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	287940
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW your plants do look good.

Your first paragraph is exactly my experience from August to December. The HID / CMH I used on one side with 4 plants, did better than 3 - 300w LEDs on the other side in a simultaneous grow. I also tried controlling foliage temperature on the canopy top with LED and was fairly consistent at around 76 degrees F. Did that only because the lights could be raised no higher and plant tops were inches from the LED’s.
    at this point however, I was in it til the end...no way to move or change any of it. Nothing burned, leaves looked as good as HID but final dry yield was 30% less

Comment

Those lights are a downgrade from HID.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X