Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Journal, My New Years Grow from Santa

BY Colombo

Started a new grow on 1/1/19 and hope to complete a Journal.

System
    2x4x60 vivosun grow tent
    2-300 watt vivosun LED lights
    2-6" 250 CFM inline duct fans, 1 vent , 1 air intake
    3- 5 gal smart bags
    home mix soil
    home made bag drains
    Feed/water once a week then as needed
    Tool Box- Alaskan Fish Emulsion,FF Big Bloom, FF BigGrow, FF Tiger Bloom, Cal Mag, General Hydroponics Ph up/down , Kepwell Spring water . Granmas Molasses.
    water once a week and feed every 2 weeks or as needed
    Seedsman/Barneys/420guy
    White Cheez auto fem, Acapulco Gold fem, Gorilla Glue auto fem.
    Motto, KISS

This is where I'am at right know 29 days into the grow. I had one issue cal mag and its correcting itself after treatment! Leaves are UP, Plants are Happy! Thanks for your views and I Hope you enjoy It !!

The Grow is now at 5 weeks and other than the slight issue (end of week water) all seems to be going good The girls are getting right back in it!
    Last edited by Colombo; 02-11-2019, 11:04 PM. Reason: added content

Looking good !! That tent's going to be full.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ! Second grow in the tent, Learned a lot from the first grow! Training is the key to whatever you grow in !

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      My first grow grew into the lights and after that I researched training to size and found a lot on this forum and elsewere in training. I hope to fill the tent with "BUD'S" this time and not bushes ! LOL

Everything looks great! 2 autos and 1 photo? I know what I would do with them if they were mine.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      I am all EARS LOL, this is how you learn from those with real experience!

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cuz of your tent height - either top and train - or start bending over - you can't have a 4 footer.

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, I learned this from my first grow! They grew into the lights! LST and toping are my interest right now based on research. Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!!

Acapulco Gold is one of my personal favorites. It makes lots of tight dense buds. Photo-periods do anyway. Interested to see if they are auto's how they do. Good Growing !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      The Gold is just feminised and it is an old time favorite from my teens (60's/70's) and kicked in some "good memories" when I saw them! Looking forward to more LOL!

Soooooooo, those don't look like lemon cucumbers😆
    a.k.a. I'm studded in.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      LMAO Mr.furley ! I still plan to pick up those lemon cucumber seeds! I am Hoping the buds will look like cucumbers at harvest. LOL!

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
    too true LOL

Comment

First time LST attempt to open canopy and position bud sites ! Seams to be an easy process, only time will tell !

Comment

I Apologize for not updating as I am attending to family in FLA. My care taker advised me that things are good and the plants are happy. Won't see them till Wed Night, getting anxiety separation !!! Nerve racking!!

Comment

Hello All ! Just an update on my grow. Just returned today from being away for 5 days. I found the girls in a slight stress do to watering need (end of week). SOOOOOO, Not sure if it was right thing to do, I decided to trim some leaves to allow light in and continue LST for bud placement while they were slightly stressed so it happened all at the same time. 2 autos, gorilla glue & White cheez. The Acapulco Gold Photo I did a bend over as advised by Canuck147 to control hight. The girls were watered/fed and started to take up real quick. Temps 73* humidity 34% They were Fed, Alaska Fish emulsion, Cal-Mag, Grandmas Sulfur free molasses as per directions. Watered all 3 with 2 gal's of water/feed mix until runoff, less than 1/4 gal. Ph 6.4 after mix. Attached are Wed. 2/7 evening photos. All feed back is appreciated !! Hope it's not a photo overload ! The grow is at 5 weeks.
        Last edited by Colombo; 02-07-2019, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Checked the girls today and they are Happy ! Trimming does not appear to have had any effect on the recovery. I trimed some fan leaves from Acapulco Gold and adjusted some more bud sites to open her up. Attached are todays adjustments and a group. White cheez is looking real nice and the Glue is building up more sites.

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info Mr.furly ! All three are at 5 weeks. The time line is 12-16 wks. My time is at 18/6. What you are saying is I can leave it all alone until the autos finish but continue to train and defoil the Gold only as needed. The Gold I'am bending sideways, I slid a tie off rod into the bottom of the bag as it grows I can pull it back down for horizontal growth. From what I understand the bud sites will grow vertical along the now horizontal stalk. This will increase by topping at week eight as it increases in horizontal length. Can You increase time to 20/4 at this stage without stressing or converting the plants to move things along? Am I understand you correctly? Any recommendation for Bloom Increaser ? Thank you again Mr.furley, your help is greatly appreciated
            Last edited by Colombo; 02-08-2019, 12:33 AM. Reason: added content

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            One of the biggest rules in grow cannabis is, If it ain't broken don't fix it. Just keep your light at 18/6.

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            I understand exactly !! Thanks again!

I would like to give a "BIG SHOUT OUT" to SIRIS for adjusting my tread title THANK YOU !!!

Comment

Hello all, Just an update on my grow. We're at 42 days from Germination and all has been going well! The girls are healthy and Happy! I watered today with Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grandmas Molasses and
            Cal- Mag as per directions. I added pulleys for the led lightsI and also adjusted the Acapulco Gold by bending some more and have a nice line of bud sites standing straight up along the horizontal stalk. I attached some updated photos, enjoy. Thanks for your interest ! Recommendations are always welcome ! Good Growing ! Any opinions on my use of LST and Bending, every little bit helps! Thanks again!

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good!🖒

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Mr.furley,! Learning a lot of new things!

Hello all, The girls are at day 47 and another update with some photos. When taking the photos, (2/17) I noticed a slight yellowing and seems to be a nitrogen deficiency after checking all the leaves. Otherwise they seem happy. Learning as I go for the most part they are doing great. The bending on the Acapulco Gold made all the difference growing with the autos and kept it at a manageable hight. The LST on the autos have definitely increased the bud sites and light passthrough. At this stage I do not know what else to do as the autos are budding except wait. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks for your interest! Good Growing!

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Just keep on doing what you are doing.
              Keep that Acapulco flat.
              Your doing a great job.

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Just don't want to make that one mistake ! The attachment can get pretty crazy. LOL

Help needed! Hello All, A quick up date on my grow. Things were going good and then things seemed to change. I believe I have a nitrogen issue ,maybe lockout starting and need a second set of eyes. The Acapulco Gold seems to be affected the most. I have attached photos of the grow. Thanks and any help greatly appreciated. As a start I have done a 2 gal ph'd flush with a return at 6.8 as I haven't done any and should I continue till it comes down to 6.3/6.5? All three have been flushed to start at square one.

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              How much of each nutrients are you feeding them, pls give us some detail and how close is your light?
              Last edited by Mr.furley; 02-21-2019, 06:28 AM.

Hey Mr.furley, Thanks for jumping on ! Just started using FF nutes. I have been feeding them according to directions at a rate of once every 5 days. FF Grow Big (6-4-4) and Cal Mag for the A Gold. The GG and WC get FF Tiger Bloom (2-8-4), Big Bloom (0-0.5-0.5) and Cal Mag. When I saw shiny leaves and the dark veins and the light green new veg I flushed everything with 6.5 tap water to start fresh. Run off was above 7 at first and after flush got it to 6.8 . After research I found that using bottled water is a no no due to very little trace minerals. (only used 5 gal). I was going to feed at half rate and ease back into regular feed and hope it settles the problem.

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              If anything it's looks like a https://www.growweedeasy.com/magnesi...iency-cannabis
              So I would give 5ml of calmag for every gallon asap even if you are only giving 1/2 of everything else, try to settle your pH is 6.5 and don't be afraid to feed them, a little tip burn is OK you just have to back off the nutes a little when you see it.

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Mr.furley for your help! I will feed normal and add the extra Cal Mag and wait and see. My lights are at the company hight requirements 15-18" flower and 24 veg Adjust as needed but find their #s to be accurate. So many similarities with leaf problems. Will follow up on next update. Thanks again! Good Growing!
              Last edited by Colombo; 02-21-2019, 10:19 AM. Reason: added content

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Here is the run down, PH'ed everything to 6.4/6.5 "the best possible" and fed. Soil PH came in around 6.5 according to meter. Soil test(with soil) indicated same range. It's all a wait and see now. Thanks again !!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X