Seedling on life support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling on life support

I finally received 3 GG4 autos to kill time over the winter months. ( I do not want to go to the extra expense heating my barn, or other out buildings so have a small grow in the basement) But anyhoo two have popped, and are developing normally. The third however exhibited the two mandatory cotyledons, but has not thrown a tap root. The cotyledons are green, and don't appear to be dying yet anyway. The seed shell seems to have had difficulty in splitting so I have helped it along, and it is now open. I don't know if the seed shell was the problem, or if this little girl was just born without a tap root. I have it in a Rapid Rooter so's I can monitor the situation. Recently I had success in rerooting a seedling that had been clipped off at the base so am thinking there may be the possibility of rooting this potential seedling. I waited a long while for this gawddamn seed so am not giving up. Anyone ever see this before?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0629.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	287567

Comment

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey starramus, I seem to get enjoyment out of the underdogs. I have found on a couple occasions that a problem germination leads to a plant that surpasses her neighbor that had no problems. It’s kind of like a challenge to me, I get some sort of satisfaction out of it lol. I wish you luck, your no rookie. This lil girl gonna be a beast, just watch!

Started new grow on 1/1/19 and I had an issue with gorilla glue and Gold started in a rooter and non issue with White Cheez. Found this below and will go back to old way, "soil".
    Might answer your ? This is from Mandala seeds!

Do not use jiffy’s/peat pellets: the acidic pH of pure peat can inhibit germination of cannabis seeds. Results are unreliable and depend on manufacturers, some add limestone to raise pH, some do not. Growers have also experienced problems using rapid rooter plugs (with various types of cannabis seeds). Any growing medium used for germination must also have the correct pH for cannabis seeds.

For optimal results we advise against the use of jiffy's, peat pellets, and rooter plugs. If you are absolutely keen on using such products you should at least test the product first with a few expendable cannabis seeds before sowing your valuable seed collection.

Comment

In the past I have always gone direct to soil as Mandala recommends. But after the great delay in getting these seeds I thought I might try the plugs so as to monitor the progress of germination. I planted three Fast Buds GG4 Autos all in Rapid Rooters. Just this one was the anomaly. The other two are doing fine. I also planted two Magnesia Autos from new420guy which are doing fine with the Rapid rooters. This potential seedling is still alive, but barely. Still nothing root wise. Born to die is my conclusion.

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Any progress with the little one?

No never exhibited any semblance of root growth.Didn't make it. Her 5 sisters are doing well though. Another week under the T8s, and then they will be sun bathing under the CMH. First autos ever , and first use of the CMH.

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        At least the rest of the girls are doing good! I'am always curious as to Why things happen for future knowledge. Coast saver.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X