Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Hermied

This is my first grow.... Hermied!

Howdy Rctofish, Very nice looking plants, especially for a first grow! Why do You say that the plants have hermied? Did You find any 'nanners' in the buds? I did not see anything in the posted photos that would indicate that they have hermied. Do not worry if they have hermied, because the seeds that may be produced will be female seeds. I have had several plants produce seeds from 'nanners' and, so far, all of the seeds have produced female plants. I am currently on my third grow using those hermied seeds and have had good results with them.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hey DW2! Yeah, Iā€™ve got nanners and seeds...Iā€™m flushing now, will harvest in a week or so... Iā€™ve read that seeds from hermied plants are more likely to hermie themselves....I dunno, first timer here. Thanx for the encouragement tho! Grow on!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice plants ,I didn't see any nanners either, but my eyes are getting kinda old.
        Like DW2 said, if you get any seeds, I wouldn't throw them away, even though they may hermie as well, but a few seeds ain't never hurt nothin, we've all smoked mj, with a few seeds in it before.
        Nice job with your plants though.
        GoodLuck
        HappyGrowing
        Rctofish

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rctofish, My experience (so far) would lead me to believe that the hermies might be more prone to hermie themselves, but so far, I have grown hermied seeds that produced very small quantity of seeds, and one grow (total bud weight 12.87 oz.) produced a large number of seeds, 283 seeds which averaged out to approximately one seed per gram of bud. Not what I would call 'seedy', but enough to check before lighting up! (LOL). I have found that the germination rate varies from about 50% to 80%, maybe due to some of the seeds not being mature enough.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        It is said that true hermies are more subject to producing hermies than chemically done.
        But all feminized seed are made from female pollen from a hermied plant, done with CS or GS3 etc..
        I had a place that produced hermies, next to a creek (high humidity), odd light cycles with never more than 2 hours direct sun at a time, shaded often, several times a day light shade cycles. I used the seed to make the next years crop and the only ones that hermied were in this same spot. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe its not all that common, but happens. You dont hear about the ones that dont hermie,,,, I would try a seed or two,,,

Daaas.69 and DW2; wow, thanx guyz.... donā€™t really know what Iā€™m doing...I ordered 5 white widow auto flower from nirvana seeds for my next attempt; hopin this hermie stuff doesnā€™t get me again.... I really appreciate your responses to my pathetic post!!!!

Comment

You guyz r cool!! Yep, Iā€™ve smoked plenta seeds in my lifetime!! Lol!!!!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you got some coming autos from Nirvana, your getting some good seeds, they know their business.
          I've grown quite a few seeds from Nirvana, they grow big, nice plants, especially the WWidows, excellent smoke.
          I'm sure your gonna do a great job with them,too.
          HappyGrowing.

DAAS, nice! Iā€™m glad to hear that about Nirvana. Was devastated by my current plants going hermie...

Comment

Rctofish Hey, plants look great, but from what I can see they still need more time to finish. I would think those buds will increase by 20% if they have the time! As far as the hermie goes... itā€™s all experience and like many others have said this will still be very smokable bud just with a ew seeds! I say try and grow any seed you find in a bag of weed you like, whatā€™s to lose? The more you grow the more you know.
          Setup
          4ā€™x4ā€™x6.6ā€™
          600W MH
          2x innova 19w full spec led
          175cfm fan, can 33 filter
          8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

I've grown seeds from a Kandy Kush that hermied. They all were female. Great growing to all !!
            Focus and relativity.

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Iā€™m my opinion I feel with the right conditions, you could make a ā€œhermie proneā€ seed grow Sensimilla. And with wrong conditions you could make a top quality seed grow hermie. JMHO.

Wow thanx Blue!...Iā€™ve got around 10-20% amber trichomes(according to my pos loupe)...so, started flushing 1/25, prolly harvest 2/2-2/4. Really have no real clue tho....been lucky so far! On to auto ww!!

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you looking at trichomes on leaves or calyx? They just look like they will fatten up! The leaf trichomes turn sooner than the calyx, and the calyx are the ones to go by. Iā€™m sure you already know this, no offence intended just wanted to toss it out there.

Iā€™ve been checking on the calyxes and not the leaves but only by pure accident!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X