Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kind sole and coco growing issue with yellow tip Leaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL kind sole and coco growing issue with yellow tip Leaves.

my plant has yellow tips on bottom Leaves, I am working with king sole with coco on top, meaning 1/2 of each item, can I use calimagic too fix problem. I am reading all i can about this issue. My plants are in three weeks grow time line. this is my first post. I thank my problem is when I use the run off too feed my sole.

With KindSoil ,you don't want to water to run-off .
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

A picture would really help figure this one out.. But with that said, from your description, it is a school book example of nute burn/ Nitrogen toxicity. If too strong nite concentration is used, it showes first on the lowest leafs. Start with tips gettin burnt and spreading upward the leafs and plant.. Is your fan leaf also turning dark green? (afain from the bottom up) This is a definite sign of too much Nitrogen in your pot.
      Its important that you flush out all excess nutrients from your pot, or you may experience the horror of toxic salt buildup on your growing media.. When and if this happens, it's a real bitch getting your grow back on track!

A tip for avoiding overfeeding your plant:
      Less is more! If the bottle sais to use.. Lets say 4ml pet liter of water, you seldom need to use 2ml, i e 50%, especially at the beginning, and small or slow growing plants. High temperatures and other environmental issues are also reasons to lighten the nute solution.

To flush out excess nutrients and /or salts from yoyr growing media, do like this:

Mix nutrient sollution at 25-30% of what you normally use, except for any magnesium additive you use when growing in coco coir. pH the water solution to desired level (hydro @ 5,5-5,9 and soil @ 5,8-6,5 pH).
      Run at least 2x the pot size of water slowly trough for two days in a row.
      For even better flushing results, add some yucca extract and enzymes to the flushing solution.

Good luck!
      Marijuana is no drug, it's a human right!

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
        With KindSoil ,you don't want to water to run-off .
        But he sais he also ises coco coir in his pot, the top 50%, that needs to be watered trough with at least 25%runoff each watering, and never drie out to avoid nutrients/salts accumulate... I never used Kind soil, and know nothing about it.. Is it a Super Soil? And why would one mix a hydroponic substrate to that?
        Marijuana is no drug, it's a human right!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used KindSoil many times, sometimes with Coco-Loco on top, sometimes FFOF on top, and I've never watered to runoff, if you do you are washing all the good stuff out of your KindSoil, and you will end up having to add nutrients toward the end of the grow.
          Phil at KindSoil suggests using coco-loco, but you don't have to.
          KindSoil is good stuff, kinda expensive but still works great, if you follow the instructions on the bag.
          If your using fabric pots just put saucers under the pot, so if you accidentally give them to much water, it will wick right back up in your fabric pots, quickly.
          Just don't water to run-off, and you will be fine.Just make sure the bottom of your fabric pots are damp,
          Forget about the coco being watered to 25percent runoff.
          GoodLuck
          HappyGrowing @braincrash
          Plus if your buds are pretty, send Phil some pictures, and he will send you some free KindSoil.

Sorry about sole - i meant too say soil. Thanks.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          No problems bro. Good luck.
          Just try to keep your water between 6.0-7.0ph, an you will be fine,
          And use some unsulfered molasses, every other watering.and you will have some fine plants come harvest time.

The subject about the use of molasses is new too me how much do I add too one gallon of water i am about to start my flowing stage next week.
        Last edited by jjohnson46; 11-19-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I plan too top my plants at 6 nods, if there is more nods with tips below the 6th nods should i cut the fan leaves too those nods, so i can have more buds growing out from the grow lights too reach. First grow was a failure, kill by mail plant, I didn't remove in time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X