What about gradening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about gradening?

hi, do you guys grow other things? I want to have a great looking garden with different plants and herbs but it is a mess now. I need a trimmer and I was hoping if you guys can recommend me some. My yard is not that big so I was thinking of going with the basic corded trimmer, but I have read on the Best 10 Electric Weed Eater/Wacker/String Trimmer Reviews that it is not very strong. What does that mean? Can it cut thick grass (but basic grass everybody has in their yard) or not? Do you have any suggestions about those models?

Welcome to the forum jakehypnotic

Yes, I love to garden. Indoors and out.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160825_202735.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	286670
    A weed eater will knock down your tall grass, but a Rototiller will prepare your soil. I would suggest to look into covering the Ground with black plastic or garden fabric to control weeds and grass at first and using raised beds if you are putting in a garden where grass is now.

Space for Rent.

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Very Nice Garden Mr.furly, It shows you put the time in for the rewards, Grow On !!

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

I like all kinds of gardening inside and out from flowers to vegetables and everything in between.

Comment

Depending on the hight of the brush/weeds/grass I would rent the weed eater, Buy a good rototiller . (remove the dead brush etc.) add some good orginacs, rototill deep. Let it settle a week rototill again . Black plastic is the best weed control and check your soil ph. The rest is what your plants tell you! Welcome to outdoor Gardening!!

Comment

We not only grow Purple Weed, We Got Purple Pepper Platns too.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20160820_093852.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	286966
        Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-27-2019, 11:35 AM.
        Space for Rent.

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually got the beets for Christmas and looking forward to growing them! Lemmon Cucumber sounds nice!! Any particular catalog you purchase from if you don't mind me asking?

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          I got these from Hudson Valley Seed, and looking in the catalog they have The Lemmon Cucumber and I will order them with my other seeds! Sounds refreshing in a salad Or just a cucumber salad itself.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't use a catalog, for the most Part I pick up seeds from local nurseries and farm stores. Local places carry things that grow in your climate better. I tried to stay with heirlooms but from time to time find 10 packs for a buck of turnips seeds in the dollar store I just can't pass up. I've grow this one before

Aint nothin better than home grown, whether thats a tomato, or bud! I have been in the garden since I was old enuf to walk, later pulled a little red wagon around the hood and sold fresh veggies. After eating a home grown tomato, you will not want those things in the store that look like tomatoes!
        Happy gardening!

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          Without question !! AHHHHHH, spring is just around the corner. Grew up and live in the Garden State and could not live without a garden!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X