Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoflowers WAY too dense. Advice?

Guys (and Gals),

I have some autoflowers under a California Lightworks 1100 that no matter how hard I try I cannot get to reach. I've moved the light all over the place, as much as 4 feet above the canopy for several days. I keep pinning branches outward (LST) but the plants just keep stacking nodes. At this point they're so dense that airflow isn't really getting inside the plant, and the inside is so dense I can't even tuck leaves to expose bud sites. I know you're not supposed to do any real defoliation on autos, but I think in this case I may need to. I have four other plants under this light that are stretching upwards and out, so it appears to just be this pheno. They're both LemonAK from Fast Buds.

I'm trying to gather data regarding yield per plant by light type and manufacturer, so I don't particularly want to move these under another light to see if they stretch their legs. Advice?

Huh. Can't get my pics to upload.

Comment

• Weed Pharma
      Weed Pharma commented
      Editing a comment
      Must be a website issue- as I was unable to upload a few pics earlier, too

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Yesterday as well

Get the trimmers out, it may extend your grow a week or two but hey it's worth it. If a branch has two leafs, take the inside one. When you're sure it's enough, take some more. Get rid of the big fans and let the light and air flow.

Comment

• Serapium
      Serapium commented
      Editing a comment
      PRIMO thanks. I'll get the snips and see if I can get some negative space in there without doing too much damage.

Trimming autoflowers is not written in stone - I have a hard time leaving my scissors in the cupboard every time i take my plants out. Defoliating cannabis plants is necessary to guard against bud rot..
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Here's a link to the pics hosted om imgur: https://imgur.com/a/cokeo6B

I guess I'll break out the snips. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I think you kinda have to defoliate autos too. You not suppose to do it if your plant is struggling or not healthy as f.
        I did take off leaves from the beginning on my plant.
        Another factor could be your light. Maybe it’s rich in blue spectrum but not red. So they stay short.
        Can be genetics, some autos stay small.

Comment

Let the air in between those bud sites that u chose to keep and trim off the rest for bigger buds 👍if u chose.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X