Seeking more help, ya'll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking more help, ya'll

OK. From left to right (not that it matters). Blue Dream fem, White Widow fem, Girl Scout fem. GS has been behind the other 2 since the plant was stressed during transplanting, but has been healthy. I noticed a week and a half ago some yellowing on the top leaves of GS. I had to go out of town for a few days, so I watered Thursday morning before I left. It had been 3 days since last watering. Just got home today, so, 3 1/2 days since the room has been opened. Been keeping the temps between 70-80. Humidity 50-70. I had worked up to almost a full dose of nutrients, so Thursday, due to the yellowing, I backed off to 1/2 dose again. Using cal mag, bio root, bio weed, and bio grow (whatever it's called for the vegetative stage). When I looked this afternoon, GS has wilted quite a bit and looks terrible. The other 2 look healthy although I noticed that WW is beginning to get a little lighter in color, maybe a little more yellow than BD, which seems perfect. I need to switch to bloom because of the size of BD and WW. I am afraid that I am gonna loose GS. Maybe I'm over watering but the soil seems sorta dry to me. When I stick my finger in the soil, it's not damp feeling but dirt sticks to my finger a little. I don't know if GS can pull herself together during the switch from veg to bloom? Concerned that whatever I've done wrong will affect WW too? I read Nebula's advice (again) and just don't know if I have a root problem (what I think) and what to do to correct it. I thought I'd look again tomorrow before watering again. Furley, 9 finger, and you experienced guys, take a look and give me your thoughts. Thanks!
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Is it possible to take a picture in natural light ?
    That one plant looks overwatered to me, does your pots drain good ?
    If they were mine I wouldn't water'feed them until your soil is damn near bone dry, and your pot is very lightweight.
    MJ, likes to go from wet to almost bone dry in soil, if the roots stay wet, they can't get the needed oxygen. And they will suffocate .
    Maybe someone can help you better, soon. GoodLuck
    HappyGrowing
    Sometimes I wait until my plants are wilting a little, before I water them.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

My only thought is your plants need more light.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        I wondered about the light since my lights hang from a bar on a pully system. The two healthy plants are 6-10" from the 450 watt LEDs, but the other one is much further away because the plant is simply shorter. I guess my real urgent issue is that I switched them to bloom this afternoon. I can switch it back, if someone has something for me to try that won't take long. My girls are half as tall as my room now.

OK, so I moved GS out of the room and set up a temporary home for her in my bathroom. That way I can continue with the switch to bloom for the other 2 girls. Unfortunately, WW looked worse this morning (3rd picture). It does appear that the lower leaves are affected the worse on both of the plants, as far as the color of the leaves. The soil feels pretty dry to me, but I don't think the bucket is as light as it could be. I have about 10 3/8" holes around the bottom of the bucket for drainage, and a 1" layer of shells in the bottom under the soil. I've been using 2 gallons of water between all 3 plants when I water, and always have a decent amount of runoff within a couple minutes. Trying to provide the pros with as much info as possible.
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

how big are your pots? And what is your Ph?

​​​​​​​The last picture looks like

Does your cannabis plant have yellowing lower leaves between the veins? See pictures of a magnesium deficiency and learn the easy solution.

your plants sure could benefit from more light, but the right kind. The second picture has a dried up leaf next to the lamp, what kind of bulb is in that lamp?

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hey Furley. My grow room/tent has 2 450 LEDs. I just removed GS this morning and put her under 3 CFLs to hopefully let her get healthy again so I can move her to the room where the others are in their first day of bloom stage. I don't think they have had too much light because the lower leaves are affected the most. I'm using a PH kit that I had for my aquarium, where you put water in the little vile and three drops of chem to activate for a reading. PH seems to be around 6.0
          3 Big Bazooka fem
          3 gal smart pots
          coco/perlite
          2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            This is soil? And how big are the pots?
            Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-21-2019, 11:38 AM.

I agree. By looking at the pics on the website, it looks more like magnesium or potassium deficiency. I have been giving them cal mag each watering
          3 Big Bazooka fem
          3 gal smart pots
          coco/perlite
          2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes but if your PH is out of whack no matter how much you give them they won't absorb it.

Give some cal mag.

Comment

growing in 5 gal buckets with 30 or so 1/8" holes drilled in the sides. potting soli and perlite
            3 Big Bazooka fem
            3 gal smart pots
            coco/perlite
            2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              So if you are in a quality soil it is not as common to have to add calmag like in Coco or Hydro. I would say before add more nutes move your PH to 6.5 going in and check a little bit of your runoff.
              I know that the PH drops can be hard to read some times so if possible get a ph.
              Make sure you get a little runoff on each watering and let your pots dry out in between each water.
              As far as your lights go, are they 450watt equivalent or actual draw?
              Because actual draw is what counts.

OK Furley, this is what I have. Two of them. It says that they draw 200 w, but I don't know if that's what you are looking for
            3 Big Bazooka fem
            3 gal smart pots
            coco/perlite
            2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing wrong with those.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah those lights are good, just wanted to clarify that that actual draw is what counts for growing cannabis.

Honestly, I think they were under watered. Also, the sickly plant was the one that was nearest to the heat source for my tent. I think she was drying out. I had to go ahead and switch to 12-12 with the other 2, but GS is in the recovery room (my bathroom) and perking up under 4 CFLs. I'm gonna let her gain some strength for a couple more days, then put her in bloom with the others
            3 Big Bazooka fem
            3 gal smart pots
            coco/perlite
            2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Just food for thought, 1) potting soil ? does it have added nutes 2) did you change your watering amount and nutes because of your trip? 3) do you burp the tent each day normally. Temp and humidity IMO are the main factor with a minor nute issue. If your plant can't breath due to heat and humidity it will suffocate. The leaves have pores just like our skin that allowes the leaves to expend and receive moisture as well as heat. IF I have problems I go to the last thing I did or the last thing I changed, usually the culprit. Good luck with the trouble shoot!

Great advice! My potting soil is just from the hardware store and I mixed perlite in with it. I had to re plant several weeks ago because I DID start them in soil that was too hot. Once I got the soil straight they have thrived. I don't know what burping the tent means exactly but I look in on them once or twice a day. With the help of a humidifier I've been able to keep the humidity around 60. I took the humidifier out when I switched to bloom a few days ago. Temp never gets below 68 but has gotten as high as 85 on occasion. I honestly think that since my heater/fan that blows warm, fresh air in to the tent (not really a tent, it's more like a wooden insulated box) has blown directly on to the middle of the bucket of the sick plant, I think the soil/roots are maybe getting too warm? Too dry? Anyway, she has perked back up after three days in the bathroom under the CFLs, and a watering. I'll probably let her join the other two tomorrow and introduce her to bloom. I think she's getting healthy enough. Great learning. Can't wait till my next grow already, so I can eliminate some of my mistakes!
            3 Big Bazooka fem
            3 gal smart pots
            coco/perlite
            2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad to here things are better !

Hey purp, Did you say that your plants are 6-10" away from lights and you haven't switched to flower yet? Your plants are gonna stretch right into the lights.

I'm not an expert on lights, so I'll be interested to know what others have to say.

ps your avatar reminds me of that Dave Chappelle episode where he convinced the white girl to love her rather large breasts.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• purpleman
              purpleman commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha!  Yeah, it's from the 1980s version of "Heavy Metal".  Killer sound track and killer animated movie (particularly while indulging!).  
              I should probably make a new post, but if BD and WW double in size during flower, I'm definitely gonna run out of room. Can I bend and tie down the branches during flower? Oh, and also, hard to believe but I noticed some wilting on both of the healthiest plants, 2 days after watering. I watered with nutes and 3 hours later they were standing tall! I really thing that they have been drying out. I guess I've been so afraid of overwatering. Anyway, all part of the process!

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              https://www.growweedeasy.com/flowering-stretch Your plants will at least double in height after the switch to 12/12 lighting.https://www.growweedeasy.com/7-canna...ts-get-too-big

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X