Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coco grow with liquid organic nutrients update_ Jan 1-12...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coco grow with liquid organic nutrients update_ Jan 1-12...

Here's an update from the end of December. Getting behind, working on catching up. I'm starting to get that anxious feeling....

January_1-12

January 1st_flowering nutrients as recommended by manufacturers schedule. Using the Advanced Nutrients at 1/2 strength and the Vegamatrix at Full strength, alternating days. Using the Piranha Bloom and Mother Earth at 1/2 strength because they are fairly high in nitrogen and plants are very green and I don’t want to inhibit or slow down flowering.

Jan 2nd_ Trimmed some fan leaves and the planters around.

Jan 3rd_ Dang! Had an accident and busted some branches on one of the Meltdowns_ cut the small ones off and tapped up two larger branches…Attached 4 bamboo poles to outside of planter to help support the damaged colas.

Jan 4th_ The accident victim is looking no worse for wear this morning_Yeah!

Jan 5th_ Wired the dimmer up so its ready to go.
    Pruned some leaves shading bud sites or not getting any light.

Jan 6th_Set up 5’ poles on 3 more planters to help support developing colas.

Jan 8th_Rearranged planters, colas continuing to develop.

Jan_9th_ pistils starting to turn and crinkle. Trichomes continuing to produce more “frost” every day but still a few weeks from maturity. About half the trichomes have turned opaque.

Jan_11_Photographed Plants. The stretch has stopped_ good thing to because There is only 18-20” left between the canopy and lights. Not going to use the dimmer yet.

Jan_ 12_A few of the pistils are starting to turn orange, but most are still white/yellow and are just beginning to “crinkle”.
    Colas are starting to bulk up and take on the appearance of their genetic heritage.
    Trimmed large leaves, rearranged planters, adjusted LST.

General thoughts/observations_

I have been using the Boost with every other watering and the Cal/Mag Xtra once a week. Possible signs of a very slight Cal/Mag deficiency may be starting to appear on a few lower leaves. Going to stay with the same schedule unless it becomes more obvious.

Leaves are showing a little bit of nutrient burn (probably) due to using full strength nutrients every other watering and half strength in-between . It appears that when using liquid organic nutrients it is possible to over fertilize but not as easily as it is with mineral based nutrients.

Monitoring for excess nitrogen needs to be done consistently since the levels of nitrogen in most base organic vegetation nutrients and supplements seem to provide more nitrogen than mineral based ones do so monitoring for nitrogen toxicity is important. During flowering I’ve been trying to keep the ppm between 1200-1600 (good levels to provide adequate nutrition for plants to achieve maximum potential) and ph between 6.0-6.25 (better ph for utilizing P&K which are important nutrients during this stage of life to enhance development of colas and terpenes. P&K are best absorbed between 6.0-6.5 in coco).

I have no real foundation but it seems that its easier to keep ppm and ph within tolerances with liquid organics than with mineral based nutrients. Runoff seems to be more stable even with variations in the nutrients being applied.
    Perhaps this is the result of organics needing more time to break down and become available? Maybe this is in part why organics can be a little more forgiving?

Always something new to investigate and learn from!

Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Stunning plants my friend. That frost is everywhere!!

Comment

Thanks- they're putting on more every day! One really strange thing is happening this grow_ the sativa dominant plants are maturing faster than the indica dominant plants. Never had that happen before.
      Starting to get anxious but trying to be patient_ I know I have a few weeks to go!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah_ 9fingerleafs_ love the moniker- today I was trimming some fan leaves from a plant and found a 10 finger leaf....I've seen 7, 9 even 11 but never a 10. I can trim it and send you a pic if you want to see. A tiny little lone blade has emerged from the base of the leaf!

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s so cool, I love those crazy leaves. Sometime they also grow tiny buds

I'll be checking on that then too_ haven't tried that leaf cuz it was so cute_ gonna see what happens. Cheers mate....happy growing!

Comment

Spell check_a love hate relationship! meant to say I haven't "TRIMED" that leaf...sorry for not proofing my post.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X