Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinctures

Hello,
    I have several pint mason jars coated with trichomes. Is it possible to make a tincture by adding the alcohol to the jars? I am planning on using trim to create a tincture just wondering if rinsing the jars with alcohol would increase potency?
    Thanks

Hi lrfc, That's what I do: swish some everclear 190 around in the jars. I do that with my trimming scissors too.

Here's the thing, though; that stuff is all raw unless it's off of already-decarbed trim/bud. So it will add lots of good stuff, but it won't get you high unless you decarb it.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I've been wondering about that_ I'm gonna try the same thing before I wash out my empty jars this time!
      Thanks guys.
      Altatup_ I've been considering getting an extractcraft _ mostly to simplify and speed up making extracts with everclear. I also like the low temp setting for preserving the integrity of flavenoids, terpenes and cannabinoids. I think you mentioned that you are now making an extract solution that you can use in a refillable vape pen and have been looking at those and can't decide_ i no nothing about using vape pens except I tried one once and liked how easy it was and how effective with just a few hits. But being a grower of flower I haven't been able to find a way to make use of my product in a vape pen. Got any suggestions? Apologies if you aren't the person I read that thread from....I couldn't find it again. Cheers!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        ZigZag Oh boy oh boy, we makin concentrates!!!! Yes, I can certainly aid and abet.

After I got the Source machine, I made some vape juice with MCI and terpene drops. This was after researching how bad most of the liquifiers are in vape juices (propylene glycol, etc.). Then I finally figured out how to get what I like better, which is a vapeable concentrate. That experiment is here: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-sap-from-trim
        That turned out so freakin well after I got the buchner funnel, which removes all the plant matter so you don't get a black oil, but rather a clear sap/wax/whatever it's called. You just attach it to the Source vacuum pump, and it sucks everything through these super-fine filters (like 2 or 5 microns), and you get a clear golden yellow tincture.

This is why I give the Source ten thumbs up, because it's versatile: good for strong tincture and you get to recycle the Everclear), for RSO or FECO (full extraction Cannabis oil) and for vapable concentrates. One of these days, I will try to bake a cake in it... ;-}

Thats great to hear! Gonna check out that link next. Seems the investment is worth the cost_ especially considering how much easier it seems to obtain final quality products than other methods. Previously I would make the picture using various methods using the Everclear but it took a long time to burn off or evaporate the alcohol (usually heating in a water bath which was a little uncomfortable and then evaporating in a shallow pan). And still I end up with a dark and pretty strong tasting product. And no way I could find to actually make a vapeable product. It did work well for edibles though,
      This will be awesome to try. I've also been using a rosin press for making extracts but still get a pretty dark product even with a 75 or smaller micro mesh with buds, no trim. Also I wonder how many of the terpenes and flavonoids I'm loosing to the 212 degrees F temp. Also there is a considerable amount of wasted material.
      I'm ordering a Source today! Recycling the Everclear is also very cool_ not only save $ but by saving it (in a canning jar?) I can always have some without having ti run down to the liquor store or be concerned they're going to run out.
      Thank You, Thank you. Thank you!
      Now all I have to do is decide on a refillable vape pen/catridge....
      Cheers!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my concentrate vape pen: https://www.vapecritic.com/prism/
        Bud the Vape Critic has steered me right various times.

Just me: I'm really glad I invested in my Source machine. As I get better at growing strong bud, I know I'll bet better at making some kick ass concentrate.

Yeah, me too: vaping flower is still my favorite. And I haven't messed with edibles yet. I had a really bad experience with oven-decarbed bud way back around 2007, and I haven't wanted to eat it since then.

And hey. when you try the cake make sure to use some of the tincture you've already made.....may like a rum cake or something like that? HaHa... or maybe not?
      Don't get me wrong folks, I love sharing good joint or bong, or maybe my favorite is a flower vaporizer (best taste in my opinion) but there are a lot of times when I'd rather not stress my lungs, or want something more discrete, or something fast acting and discrete. And a means of getting all the "goodies" in the cannabis we grow and the best utilization.
      Happy growing to all

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, that rum cake sounds good!! You would be tripping for real.

No kidding! About a month ago I made some gel caps with decarbed rosin and even using the titration method I got a lot higher than I expected....good thing I've been doing this for a while and have learned how to keep things under control ! Maybe I can get my wife to make some of the rum balls she makes for Christmas but with a little extra kick!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        ZigZag Very interesting! I've been participating in a discussion on the FC forum about being "habituated" and how that's a good state to be in. I totally agree: I've learned to do a lot more things that require concentration when I'm high, and I like feeling mildly sedated all the time. It puts me at just the right pace.

I never see myself as "addicted" to Cannabis, but she's got my Endocannabinoid System running so much better.

And thanks for the pen info too!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        welcome!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X