Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My poor little handicapped child is trying so hard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My poor little handicapped child is trying so hard.

This little GSC came up wrong from seed, struggled to even get out of the seed husk, and never got her legs under her despite everything I've tried.

Her sisters beside her are all the same age. Now she's decided she wants to make some pretty flowers too and every time I look at her it makes me want to cry.

awwww... Those little "Jerry's kids" seem to occupy a special place in my heart too, kinda like a three legged dog.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Serapium
      Serapium commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent analogies. Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I have a little white widow like that, I just couldn't put her to sleep, so she's still there.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Pull her and put in a pinch hitter Y waste time, money, and effort. for a disappointing yield? Imo

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        At the moment I'm not pressed for space at all and don't have another that could readily take her spot. She's trying so hard to put on a show, I just don't have the heart to tell her no.

As close as she is I would let her finish, I have seen smaller finished plants in the out back. Planting in the out back this one would not have made it, I pulled runts in late spring. I am surprised we dont see more runts/freaks trying to make every single seed count.
      On the other hand,,
      The White Moscow I have came up with no center top, she eventually popped out 2 limbs, and has been slow but is putting on now. She actually made greater height than she was said to.(if I had let her go straight up)

Comment

"Now she's decided she wants to make some pretty flowers too and every time I look at her it makes me want to cry."

Looks like that GSC is tryin to get her cookies while she can. All hands to replicating genotype! She must inherently know her days are finitely numbered, and this is a last ditch attempt to save her genetic history.

Comment

Here's my handicapper (a White Widow auto) who survived a cricket attack. Cricket actually chewed her off at the base of the stem. Had zero roots. I am a tenacious grower so took a chance on rerooting. I was shocked that it actually worked. She's coming back with vigor and fury. My first ever auto so I am wondering how this setback will affect bloom cycle time?

Last edited by starramus; 01-19-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Serapium
            Serapium commented
            Editing a comment
            Huh. I wouldn't have thought a seedling would recover from that at that young of an age. What a trooper!

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't either, but I thought what have I got to lose. I was absolutely shocked when it rooted.

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            You have to respect her courage. It's stories like hers that makes keeping the runts fun!

She's lookin good now! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0618.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	284998

Comment

• Serapium
            Serapium commented
            Editing a comment
            Well done!

Awwwwwww. She's gonna make it to harvest I think. She's actually chunking up a bit, and it making a good show at putting on trichomes.

Comment

She's almost as big as Mr.furley "palm" frond. Click image for larger version  Name:	20190122_193323.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	288337
            Last edited by starramus; 02-02-2019, 11:26 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              But it does look like she will reward you for all of your hard work.

starramus indeed. I'm thinking half an ounce or so once she crosses the finish line. Also... I love big leaves

Comment

Yay runty!
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Update: this poor girl just simply won't give up. She's marching straight towards harvest.

Comment

• starramus
                  starramus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  a lot of bud for such a little girl.

Gotta luv the littler girl for trying so hard! But I am afraid I would have pulled her, with my limits and all,,,

Comment

• starramus
                  starramus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you have to admit she doesn't take up much space.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL thats true,,,,

This is the seedling that was taken down by the cricket, and I re-rooted. Will produce, but probably not a lot due to it's setback. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0650.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	291974

Comment

• Serapium
                  Serapium commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aw. She's a kindred spirit with my little one

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I see a little frost starting to develop. It might not be much, but isn't stickiness, really and truly, the final measure of greatness?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X