Young plant turning yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Young plant turning yellow

Hi everyone, im here after reading a while about the symptoms of my young plant, about 15 days old.

It started with a lime green and their leaves pointing up like 'prayin' then the point up stopped and a yellow color appeared on the side of the first set of leaves, it also stopped growing.

My conclusions are:
    1- Overfeeding (NPK 4,11,3 rooter)
    2- Too much light ( 250w MH at 50cm)

Right now I tookt steps for foth scenarios, but i whould like to know the reason for learning, its my first grow and the best way to learn is failing and learning from mistakes

Im attaching pictures of the plant compared to her sister wich had a bit troubles in the pass with ovetwatering but recovering now, as you can see the whole plant is lime color compared to the other.

Thank you everyone!

I could guess what is wrong but I would like to get all the grow details like soil type? PH? Watering schedule? First.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Morumez
      Morumez commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning MR.furley, I was reading about leaf problems since 3 days ago, and im having the same conclussions, nutrient overdose or light burn, what do you think?

Late today im visiting my local grow store to ask for help too.

Thank you

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      it is possible that it's light burn or a nutrient overdose, but your medium is Coco, Peat, and perlite, which retains no nutrition of its own.. I would believe that you need to add Cal Mag like Canuck147 is suggesting. If your problem continues to get worse I would think you need to feed it, lower yellowing leaves are usually a sign of a mobile nutrient deficiency. If it doesn't get worse then it looks like you're correct with the light and the over nutrients.

• Morumez
      Morumez commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you fo your help, I will do that steps and get Cal Mag, I´ll be back in a few days, cheers!

Thanks for your fast response

Im growing using this soil (see info on the attached picture)
    PH of added water is 6.80
    I water 1 time every 24hours, just a little circle arround the plant, no more than 70ml

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Next time you water your plants, water them until you have runoff out the bottom. Then wait until your pots are dried out before watering again. Do not water ever day.

Like Mr.Furley said - more info is best. My guess is you need some kind of magnesium/calcium additive.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks for your response, I will do that, i though they were young and the pot too big for that kind of watering.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your welcome - still like more info. Autos?Photos?Lights?Tent?

No, they are not autos, light is 250w MH, the tent is maded with paperboard and aluminium paper on a metal structure, about adding magnesium/calcium, it seems like info on the web about the simptoms of this deficiency are differentdfrom my syntomps, so i dont kn
      ​​​​know.
      Look at the video on this post
      Are you seeing yellow leaves in your cannabis garden but can’t figure out the cause? This blog just might save your marijuana.

it looks like my case dint find any other resource containing the same information so im not sure.

Also, this sick plant was watered more than the other due to the overwateovet problems the other had in the pass.

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        It's so hard to say_ I'd suggest a weak cal/mag solution, water out about 3-4" from the stalk of the plant, every 2-3 days and not closer_ make sure you keep the stalk mostly dry and see what happens. From your photos it looks like the new leaves at the top are doing well so if its not progressing it might just be something that happened earlier on. It just might recover fine. Maybe try a little nitrogen supplement too_ yellowing leaves are usually a nutrient deficiency and commonly it appears on the older leaves as nitrogen is a mobile element (see MrFurley's post above). But keep the nutes at about 1/4 strength for now and stay on watch. success will be yours!

you may have answered your own question! Big green plant watered less, Yellow plant watered more. If this is the only change in taking care of your plants it's a good place to start!! maintain the watering in the green plant and back off on the yellow by at least 2 days and go from there. When things start to dial in you can return to normal watering
      Last edited by Colombo; 01-18-2019, 08:36 PM. Reason: added dial in

Comment

Hi everyone! after more than 3 months with stunned growth, these two little babies survived! i Had to buy a decent grow tent with ventilation, just after stabilizing the temps and humidity they started to grow really fast!!
        I didnt metioned nothing about temp but they were experiencing like 32+Cº at the surface I think thats why they didnt grow, combined with bad watering practices...

Now just put 4 seeds on a papel towel lets see if this time goes better

These are the final pictures of these 2 little babies!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X