Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 8 - Blue Dream in DWC (first grow)

Greetings again folks.

Tomorrow is day 56 the beginning of Week 8. As you recall, last week I stripped this plant down to a circle of pom-poms. See the link below (how do you embed links in these posts?)

I come to you now with pics of the new growth. I am soliciting opinions. I know that at some point, I need to just leave this plant alone, but the fan leaves are thick and pretty, and they are shading a lot of bud sites. Based on these images, what would you do?

Just looking for ideas here.

First, this is how I see the thing the majority of the time. This view is a great means of watching the thing grow. I can sometimes see actual growth from morning to evening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190113_130659.png
Views:	469
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	283827

Here are a couple of shots from above and a bit more obliquely.

Name:	BD week 7 end-1 20190113_124836.png
Views:	575
Size:	1,020.3 KB
ID:	283828

Name:	BD week 7 end-2 20190113_124836.png
Views:	548
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	283829

I'm still fighting temperature in the res, so I'm dropping ice bottles when I get the chance. Also, my oscillating fan has ceased to oscillate. I'll be shopping for another.

Any comments?

Thanks.
    Welcome to the middle of week 6. Here are some pics. They've been color corrected as best I can. The plant is a Blue Dream auto and it's all of about 6 - 8 inches
    Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

I'm stubbing in, love blue dream.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

nice.good job

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
        I'm stubbing in, love blue dream.
        I should have mentioned that it's an auto.
        Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

Grabbed a Saturday off and thought I'd post an update today.

The plant is bushy and healthy looking. I've dropped the light (VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series V600 600W LED actually only puling about 260 Watts) to less than 12" from the plant. Manufacturer's recommendation is 18" but It looks as if lowering the light has increased the grow rate slightly (either that, or the plant is starting to stretch) and temp measured on the leaves still registers at 68-70 degrees Fahrenheit.

I had to add 4 gallons of water to the reservoir today. This after having to add 2 gals to it Monday. That's a lot of water. It's never used that much water before. The soup itself is good, but I'm struggling to keep the PH in range even when the fresh water is PH adjusted. Temperature is still an issue as well, but I'm watching it hold steady at 71°. I added another dose of Great White to the soup just in case. I also anticipate flowers at some point.

As I said, the plant seems healthy and happy. See the pics below. I'm tempted to take of some of these larger fan leaves, but I have a commitment to leave it alone until it flowers. I just worry that the bigger leaves are casting shade on areas that don't need to be in shade. The size of the plant makes me think I need another light, but I have no plans to acquire more hardware at this time.

Be that as it may, here is the plant. I wonder if this should be part of the autoflower showdown? I actually started it just before Thanksgiving, so it is technically out of the running. Ah well....

Almost forgot - here is a growcam screenshot. It doesn't compare well to the screenshot above because I had to move everything to keep the plant in frame with the instruments.

Name:	Screenshot_20190119_125932.png
Views:	391
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	285136

Here is the plant is it sits with the light set close to the canopy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD end of Week 8-1 20190119_124731.png Views:	1 Size:	4.10 MB ID:	285129

And here I've raised the light in order to actually see the plant.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	BD end of Week 8-2 20190119_124731.png Views:	1 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	285130

A slightly different angle. Notice the bottle hanging in the left-hand side of the frame. I've having some trouble keeping a couple of the tie downs glued to the top of the res. and this bottle is actually a weight holding a branch down. I should probably just ignore this as an issue because I think all the training that needs to be done has pretty well taken hold. Any guidance on that?

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD end of Week 8-4 20190119_124731.png Views:	1 Size:	3.11 MB ID:	285131

And here's a typical fan leaf just for the record.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD end of Week 8-3 20190119_124731.png Views:	1 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	285132

Week 9 starts Monday.

All feedback welcome.

Cheers!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by madams9; 01-19-2019, 04:02 PM. Reason: Embigen screenshot.

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X