My first Auto-flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Auto-flowers

Ak 27 Express Auto 81 days from pop. Also a Blue Mammoth that is 42 days from popping
    Focus and relativity.

Moving Blue Mammoth under flower light. Trimmed and defoliated. She looks so much better than the ak-27 ever did.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

The Blue Mammoth looks like she'll be a nice one- very bushy for an auto...I usually top or FIM an auto and then use LST afterwards....did you top or FIM the AK-27? Maybe thats why she's in her 12th week
      and not quite finished yet? When I've topped or FIMed an auto they usually take longer to mature than expected even if they begin to flower on schedule ....Cheers and hope your Blue Mammoth is a beauty!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Budler
        Budler commented
        Editing a comment
        Good info on the topping and taking longer thing. What do you think how many weeks more to finish? What could be the reason? (I think that topping might stress them a bit (I haven’t experienced anything like that) or simple they need to make more buds, energy share to every cola, something like this)
        What’s your opinion?

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you ZigZag , That ak -27 was the first auo for me and I thought it was small and stunted all along but finally started filling out a bit and the trics are fully developed . I've been sampling her for 2 weeks, she will be nice. I trimmed and lollipop ed the heck out of the Blue Mammoth but she is just a brute I think she will be a better grow. Thank you. (love your papers)

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha, just an oldie goldie, that's me. Anyway I had an auto cheese that was really short too_ at best it was 18-20" tall_ and like your plant had nodes/branches every 1" or less...
        It became impossible to trim the leaves after the colas fully developed because everything was crammed so tightly together_ even with pretty extensive LST. But man the harvest was lots more than expected, got 2 ounces of trimmed buds. It was a nice surprise. Hope yours does too!

Thank you Budler. I took her down today . The main root grew down and hit a rock then doubled up on itself . That thing had branches every 1/2 inch. It kind of like the entire plant was a cola. Sticky stuff. I've not had a harvest in 6 months and I had forgotten how much fun it is even the disasters like this ak. Have a great grow !!
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

This fist came up 62 days ago .5 days defoliate and trim.
        Last edited by Eliot Pryor; 02-01-2019, 12:55 AM.
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

72 days from popping up. Blue Mammoth by Barney's Farm. She is thriving on Dyna-gro. I think another 5 weeks at least.
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Real nice grow Eliot. Their coming along real fine for first time! I'am also doing first time autos and find them quite exciting to grow. Its a different plant every day you look at it ! Good Growing!

• Eliot Pryor
            Eliot Pryor commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Colombo, This is the second auto for me the first one was an AK-27 . I learned a lot on that one. I've grown lots of photo-period plants but I was afraid to prune that first auto at all. This one I pruned a lot. I think she has time left to fatten up a lot. From what I've seen auto's don't seem to make really dense buds. Any one familiar with this strain ?

Blue Mammoth by Barney's Farms. 79 days from popping up. Just change the water and trimmed a few leaves. She is about 26 inches tall now. Perfect size for my cabinet. Gave her a shot of Liquid Kool Bloom this time. I think she will go another 4 weeks. Getting fat the whole time.
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

Looking good! From the looks of the it doesn't look like they'll stretch much more. Cheers for an awesome harvest!
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
              Eliot Pryor commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you ZigZag. She seems to have quit stretching. I got another light a week ago and just yesterday hung my old Blackstars up as well. Do you (or anyone) have any real feel for how long auto's really take to finish ?

I'm sure that the timing is relative to a lot of factors we can't predict. Some of the autos I've done before came in right on time and others have taken 2-3 weeks longer....personally I think you should anticipate them taking 1-2 weeks longer than the average time to maturity documented by the breeder. I just finished three different strains, none were autos this time and only one was feminized but they were all different_ the ones that should have been ready first took almost 3 weeks longer, the one that was suppose to take the longest was ready first and the third was less than a week more than advertised. Unless you've grown the same strain/ phenotype before you can only go with the flow, watch the trichomes and take it from there. Just keep a good watch on them_ one of the pants I just harvested went from 5% amber to 20% amber in just two days_ so it came down the next morning. Cheers!
            Oh, and when I've trained autos by toping once and then using LST and or super cropping the flowering has started on time (about 4 weeks) but they took at least a week longer to mature....more like two weeks...

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
              Eliot Pryor commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for sharing your experience . I've grown lots of photo-periods and I will again but this is my second auto and neither one has been close to ready in the time advertised. But as you say got to go with the flow. The first one has been curing now for 4 weeks. Its a spin off of ak-47 which was possibly the best overall strain I've grown. Ak-47 was known as *the one hit wonder". The AK-27 is really good. I laid off growing for about 6 months now that I've been back at it I remember how much fun it is just growing. Thank you Zigzag !! Have a great grow !!

You too Eliot! I've never tried any of the "AK" strains, they sound pretty nice. Recently I've been choosing strains with GG4, some variation of OG Kush and some variation of Cheese. They seem to pack a pretty good "punch" and have powerful aromas and taste as well. the grow I just finished will probably be my last for a few months. But then I'll be back at it_ like you said its fun to grow and rewarding at harvest time.
            Now I'm getting pressure to grow some herbs as well.....maybe I can trade up my grow room and move it into the garage where I could double the space....but my wife will need to give up her parking space which she may not be willing to trade just for an herbal garden! Worth a try anyway....good growing, cheers!

Comment

Last photo for Blue Mammoth. I've started taking her down. 110 days since she popped up. Some amber most cloudy. Second auto-flower for me this one is much bigger than the first.
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X