Seedling 🌱 challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling 🌱 challenge

18 days later she’s growing something. Can you see in the picture?
    might she grow, or is it time to toss? She grew that leaf overnight.

Soaked 14 seeds, put in paper towel, 10 seeds sprouted within 5 days. Used Rapid Rooter. 9 are growing in auto super soil. Appear to be thriving.

Back story on this seed... After 8 days in damp paper towel, 3 of 4 had tiny roots. Day 12, one had 5mm root. I did not use, rapid rooter, because propagate tray is so big. Put her in Dixie cup of soil. She never grew.

Now, I was about to throw out 3 remaining seeds, and one has beginning of a leaf.

Might I grow the seed pictured below? She’s a Mephisto SODK. Should I Let her bask in paper towel another day or two, and then Rapid Rooter her, or is it that she’s taken this long a sign she won’t grow?

thanks for your advice

That's very interesting. I've never seen the Cotyledons emerge before the taproot. You can try to plant her for the heck of it, but if the taproot never comes out of the shell, then it's a guessing game as to how long she'll survive.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

That’s back assward isn’t it? But who knows, worth a Dixie cup of soil to find out?

Comment

Placed all 3 seeds in a Jiffy pellet
        the un cracked seed is surely a goner

Comment

I myself would let it try, a white moscow came up deformed (the Cotyledons grown together at the tips), I thought it would die. It has survived and recovered nicely, it never made a center, instead popped out 2 branches.

Comment

Maybe I’m thinking poor.
            If seeds were abundant, I’d perhaps only grow vigorous seedlings. At $7.50 a seed, I try to grow EVERY seed. Perhaps that’s a poor mans strategy.

Comment

She died. Interesting experiment.

Comment

I had the same kind of problem with a NL-BB the roots rolled up in the seed shell and the Cotyledons came out
                i carefully removed the shell and unraveled the root and saved her she stunted but grew well after the fact
                4'x 6' x 8' room
                2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
                sunshine mix #4
                mega crop nutes
                current grow
                cd-1
                jack herer
                afghan kush
                green doctor

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X