Defoliation for female plant sprayed with colloidal silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defoliation for female plant sprayed with colloidal silver

Pollen sacs are starting to come up on my CS experiment and I was just wondering if defoliation mattered. Some sacs are covered by fan leaves, should I let the sacs see the light? I'm using some weak chinese ufo led for this and giving it 1/4 nutes. Should I up the dosage?

I myself think it unnecessary, the pollen is airborne and will find its way to all the plants.
    Did you spray the whole plant or just part of it? I am about to do a plant (clone) with CS, and in reading I find the plant is trash just for seed, and should toss the soil, the grow bag,,, they make it sound scary!

Comment

The purpose of the removal of fan leaves wasn't about airborne pollen. I was curious if the fan leaves blocking my cheap light would create a less efficient growing environment. Either way, I'll just leave them on unless someone suggests otherwise. The pictures are of the clone guinea pig. I make my own CS at around 24 ppm and I just unload all over the plant. It's in a seperate tent away from the other tents soI will use the same containers and such. I have sprayed the plant down once a day for a little over three weeks with two days at 24/0 before flipping to 12/12. If you are making your own CS, I suggest cleaning the rods constantly in the CS making process. My leaves are getting a little fried but the plant is still holding strong.
      Last edited by RFheavy; 01-09-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

IMHO a bit more training would do more, lay those limbs out flat (in a circle to stay under the lights)
        Looks like it certainly worked! What is it? My little clone is headbanger.

Comment

• RFheavy
          RFheavy commented
          Editing a comment
          No real need for training as there is a bunch of space and the plant isn't big at all. This will be more than enough pollen for my personal use here.

Defoliation is a a tuff subject and throwing a male into the equation makes it more interesting.

By taking the same genetics and growing it multiple times in different ways it really Enlighten one on how Defoliation is utilized best to optimize yield in your environment. You find that it is Not a magic "create larger buds" or "bigger yield, Faster" but rather a environmental tool to give the optimum conditions possible.

If your humidity is too high, you take some leaves.
        If the canopy is too thick, you take some leaves.
        If you want more bud sites from lower, you take some leaves.

That said, Males flower continuously ripen and open throughout the female flowering period, so if you dont have a environmental reason and only need a little amount of pollen I wouldn't see the point in doing it but feel that it wouldn't hurt anything if you did.

Good question RFheavy
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• RFheavy
          RFheavy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for answering my question.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X