Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Droopy leaves + burned tips

Hi,

So it's one of my first grows and I have some issues that I can't get fixed, so two plants both are Gorilla zkittlez from Barney's farm, we can see some droopy leaves on both side but more on the lighter plant (they were watered the day before and soil still not dry enough to water again in my opinion) then not sure we see it good but the lighter one has some purple on the tip and on the tips of the edges, then I can also mentien that light color not really understand why, at some point I think I overwatered it and from there she looks really bad (mold ?) then the darker one I see burned tips on new growth I think but I flushed few times and lowered feeding.

What should I do so they grow nice again ? I noticed also they are growing prety slowly

Setup: 1m² grow tent, 315w of leds from chilled, using the plagron organic grow line, growing in soil, the temp in the tent is between 20-25 (night - day), 18/6 light schedule

I see chicken claws and speed bumps (over-watering). I also see some yellowing of the leaf tips (too many nutes). Might want to cut back on both.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      I also want to add that once you over-water, you eventually drown the roots and when that happens and it's not taken care of quickly, the roots cannot take in any nutrients. Then that's when all kinds of deficiencies start to happen. It's sometimes hard to tell which deficiency are happening, but usually a Mag deficiency will start and then the others soon follow. So it's very important not to over-water your plants. Always be sure they truly need to be watered/fed and not do it out of habit

• Tomrox
      Tomrox commented
      Editing a comment
      To know when to water I just feel the first inch of soil and also the plants is often giving signs of lacking of water do you have other tips I could follow so I don't mess up again ?

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      You can also try to lift the pot to feel how heavy/light it is and if it needs to be watered. It could also be how frequently you water them. Here's an article that might be able to help you read up on watering your plants: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-often-water-marijuana

That all around stem purpleing is sign that nutrients are not flowing thru the plant, it’s in a way starving, and it will lead to the stems hardening, on the other hand you got burnt tips, sign that the EC in the medium is too high/ you feed too many nutrients. Overwatering May be another factor. I don’t thing you’ll be able to save the yellow one but the other one has a chance. I would flush and reduce true amount of light they get to let them recover. There’s always a risk of drowning it when flushing an overwatered plant. Though situation you have there. How “hot” was the soil to begin with and how much you fed? I’m assuming you measured ph??

Comment

• Tomrox
      Tomrox commented
      Editing a comment
      What do mean hot soil ? At first my soil was containing nutrients for about 6 weeks when I started seeing some yellowig I started feeding about half dose than suggested on the bottle, about ph always in the 6,5 range

You really think the yellow one is lost ? She is growing I have to tuck branches every few days

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Well maybe is not going to die by it own but I don’t think she will ever be as healthy and strong as she could have, the stress may affect the yield and development from now on even after “recovering” .
      like cannabliss said the best way to know when to water is lifting the pot. If I where you I would start a new seed to replace that plant

Little update, I went to my local hydro store and bought a pen to mesure EC, found out that the EC on the run off of the lighter plant is fine, but on the other one was way to high like 2.7, so trying to fix this and we'll see what happens, now that I have this pen I'll be way more careful about this and also need to learn to water properly

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X