Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 6 and look at all those leaves. Defoliate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr.furley

I was iffy about it, but I figure I'm still about 10 - 14 days from flower, so it should have time to do whatever it is going to do. If I'm right, and I may very well not be, it'll grow a short stretch and have plenty of room for colas

I'm guessing the worst I can expect would involve colas shorter than expected, thereby, reducing the yield. I could live with that. It's my first grow after all.

Actually, the worst would be that the goofs who keep telling me that you can't train autos would win one.

But maybe just one.

I'll mostly leave her alone if I can.

To your second point, are you saying that I shouldn't top the plant? Or should I not train down the top node?

Just not clear to me. I appreciate your input.

Stay tuned for updates.

​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​Edit: never mind the clarification. alltatup cleared it up.
    Last edited by madams9; 01-08-2019, 04:03 PM.
    Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

Or.....or...... you grow some monster colas! I know it can be done.
      what I am suggesting is to not strip one or four nodes out of the Middle and train them to stay there so you don't have a hole in the middle with a ring of monster buds.
      Imagine 12 colas not just 10.

It is getting harder and harder to find Green75 work on here but it is worth reading what he can make them autos do. Here is one of his grows, he hates leaves.

315 LEC sun system.... growers choice 4k bulb... emerald harvest nutrients Coco loco medium 5 gal. Fabric pot 24hrs. Light Soaking for 24hrs..

what ever happened to the #automechanics?
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you so much - what a great thread to read

I did enjoy that. The video was cool as well.

Just wanted to post a couple of snapshots of this plant 48 hours after a hard pruning. I had to add nutes this morning to keep the PPM up. She's turning up and seems healthy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD week 7 top 20190108_220741.png
Views:	48
Size:	917.5 KB
ID:	282702

Looks taller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD week 7 side 20190108_220741.png
Views:	51
Size:	887.6 KB
ID:	282703

So, welcome to week 7.

Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X