Best USB scope...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best USB scope...

scoping the trichomes is a hard task for me and I think I'm ready to get a better scope to make this process easier. I have a cheap 30/60X scope now. Anybody use USB scopes and what brands.

Also I'll take any trichome peeping advice, tips and tricks. Thanks!

I wouldn't say this is the best, but it will work for you. It does for me. https://www.amazon.com/Celestron-Han...tal+microscope I also have one of these optical only microscopes for higher powers. https://www.amazon.com/AmScope-M150C...+M150C-1&psc=1

Comment

Hey Schwaggy - do you have a camera? Computer to download pics? I have taken pics, downloaded to home computer and used the pics to zoom in and see them very, very easily.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

That's what I use too_ a camera with a 1:1 macro lens. Its easy to keep track of how things are progressing too because you have the pictures and can see the progression very few days.
        Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

I have a cheap usb “500x” Chinese microscope, use to work great but now it kinda fails sometime. I think its just the wire, it was 15 bucks

Comment

You could buy a lot of those scopes for the cost of a decent camera and lens!
            Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

the only cameras in this house are iPhones/pads... sadly. The camera sounds like a really great idea though. I'll look into cameras as well.

Comment

I have something called an Opti-visor. It’s a headband magnifier and comes in several magnifications. Until my loupe and scope arrived, it really did provide some damn good views and I have several photos on site showing a reasonable image... just another option. Certainly not a scope though. But, it was darn good

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambo.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	281126Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultraviolet.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	281127Click image for larger version

Name:	10-20-2014 Blue God.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	281125

Comment

• starramus
                    starramus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Taken with the Celestron. Upper left Lambo from 2013. Bottom Blue God from 2011, and Ultraviolet from 2017 upper right. The Celestron works quite well for less than a hundred bucks. And it has held up very well through the years.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X