Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 8 flower. Is it normal for leaves to turn purple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Week 8 flower. Is it normal for leaves to turn purple?

Leaves are turning purple and yellowing of leaves. I’m growing in homemade super soil. I’m at week 8 of flower. Nothing is ready for harvest yet. Is this normal for 8 weeks into flower? I think I remember reading that cannabis grown in super soil can turn purple at the end, but I can’t find that info now. Gsc, Afghani kush, Durban Poison, blue dream, green crack, amnesia haze. All strains top leaves turning purple. Led lights. Thanks

How is your temperatures? The cold can do that to cannabis, but for some strains it is normal to change color close to harvest.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      yes its a normal process during the season change many pants including cannabis tend to increase the production of pigments called anthocyanins which are from red to purple, chlorophyll is also present so the photosynthesis continues. some strains are more prone than others but cold whether is the main factor in purpleing leaves

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking tent 😁

Temp has been no higher than 78 and no lower than 57. The 57 only happened once most nights sleep at low 60’s.

Comment

That will do it.

I think I was able to pull this color by dropping to 62f at night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171122_205827.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	972.0 KB
ID:	280013
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Very beautiful it looks almost black

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X