No announcement yet.

Sativa male ready to collect pollen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Sativa male ready to collect pollen?

Hi this is Lebanese male I wish to use for a future breeding experiment does it look ready to collect and store pollen from or does it look like it needs a bit longer? ... thanks... Paul ☺

Once sacks start to open a male plant will continue to make sacks and open though the whole flowering time.
    Pluck one of those Dingle balls off and squeeze it and see if pollen comes out, if so it's ready.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181017_200029.jpg Views:	1 Size:	885.6 KB ID:	279819
    on a side note Honkfro You should take some really good picture of the plants, especially the one with blue balls in nature light and send them to NebulaHaze for the Web site.
    it is not often that someone grows out male plants on here and we get to see them in all their Glory.

Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-29-2018, 11:59 AM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      P.S. wash your hands before touching anything after you handle the males
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-29-2018, 12:00 PM.

• Honkfro
      Honkfro commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't forgotten you managed to get a few photos before I knocked the plant over then cut them all down in a rage lol did you want the macro shots of the males balls in the early stages of growth to?

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure go a head and post them here.

Take a dish or something flat, put in underneath a top and shake very delicately, if you see a cloud of pollen coming out then it’s ready. You should be able to catch enough pollen in one try. You could repeat this every few days to make sure you get a lot of pollen, males will flowers for at least 8 to 10 weeks before they stop producing new sacks

Comment

Thank you both they both seem a little immature will get some decent photos tomorrow with my camera and microscope and upload them

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X