FYI / Caution on FastBuds Auto Fem Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI / Caution on FastBuds Auto Fem Seeds

Thought I'd post a little bit about my experience with this company as I have just completed germination of 115 seeds sourced from FastBuds. I selected a wide variety of strains, and most have done well. In particular: Lemon AK, C4, Blue Dream, and Green Crack all appear to be very vigorous so far (avg 1.5" tall and 2" wide one week in from seed). I would recommend staying away from the following strains: Pineapple Express, Girl Scout Cookies, and most of all Gorilla Glue.

Of the total 115 seeds put into germination, it looks like I will end up with a total of 88-90 viable producing plants. Most of the failures to launch were the Gorilla Glue strain. I purchased 15 of them. 9 failed to germinate at all, and of the six that did germinate four of them are severely stunted and I do not expect them to live despite being extremely well cared for. The remaining two are unlikely to produce much unless they really get their act in gear (currently less than one inch tall and no noticeable increase in leaf spread over the last two days). They are running side by side with a bunch of other strains close to optimum environmental parameters. I'm struggling a little bit with humidity (running about 10 points low) but that's nothing that should lead to this level of failure. It's obviously a genetic problem. I also had a 6 out of 15 failure rate on Pineapple Express. GSC seems to be weak across the board, but all five that I germinated are alive and growing, they just don't look very healthy.

All in all I expected a higher germination rate than I have gotten from this company so far. I will say that those that did germinate and are healthy are VERY healthy. In particular the Lemon AK looks to be a real winner at the end of week one. 10 out of 10 sprouted, and those 10 are among the largest 20 of the plants currently under my care. Time will tell on what productivity will be like. I'll update once I have more data.

I've grown quite a few FastBuds seeds before, that most did fairly well, but I've also had some problems with the GG,An GSC, some didn't germinate, and the ones that did, didn't produce very much.
    But most did very nice, especially Tangie,
    Some of my problems were probably my fault though,
    GoodLuck with the ones you got growing, my experience with FastBuds ,is you can expect to get anywhere from 3 to 6ozs dry from each plant.
    But it is great smoke though.Nice firm nugs.
    HappyGrowing
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Thank you for sharing that. I think we all should talk more about seedbanks and breeders. Many strains out there are just pollen chucking proyects and many seedbanks keep selling seeds way too old. I’ve never bought seeds from a bank myself but I’ve seen many people get shitty strains, specially feminized. Merry Christmas btw

Comment

OP, thanks for sharing.

I'm currently waiting for my 5 Gorilla Glue Fastbuds Auto seeds to germinate. They are in rapid rooters, inside a germination dome, inside my grow tent. This germination method has been very successful for me in the past; we'll see how the GG does.

I will say that the packaging of the Fastbuds seeds (sealed factory 5-seed paper pack with the seeds inside a small plastic resealable container) is excellent. The seeds looked fine to me; if they don't work out I've got several other FB strains to try, incl Green Crack.
        Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenCrack is a nice one for sure,so is Tangie, an Mexicanairlines,
          GoodLuck

• Serapium
          Serapium commented
          Editing a comment
          growgreenjr That's pretty much exactly how I did it. I did follow their specific guide for the first stage of germination off their website as I wanted to be able to claim the guarantee on germination if I had any problems. Once the shell popped and I had a short taproot I transferred them carefully into rapid rooters in a dome. Just about every strain responded well except for the GG. Hoping you have better luck with them than I did.

Thanks for letting everyone know

Comment

UPDATE: 31 hours into germination, all 5 of my FB GG have popped!

Gonna give 'em 5-7 days or so in the dome, then the rooters will get t'plntd into soil that is in the tent acclimatizing now.
          Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

• Serapium
            Serapium commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes me wonder if the three packs of five that I germinated were mishandled somewhere (high temps, old stock, etc).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X