THC/CBD press?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THC/CBD press?

Someone I know is building a 20 ton press (he said 10 would be plenty) to extract the oils from MJ. Is it at all possible to extract the oils with nothing more than tons of pressure? Or is this a waist of time and materials (not to mention weed)? Has it been tried? IF it is doable, would it be better wet or dry (my thought is dry) I have not seen what he is building, but I know how a press works. I myself am not sure it will be worth while, I could be wrong,,, I did get married twice, so there's 2 instances of me being wrong,,,,,,,
    So set back, take another toke, and give me your thoughts!

You gotta add heat to get the rosin to drip down... If you don't know anything about rosin presses, this will give you the basic idea.rosin-presses
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I cant say he knows what he is doing, but he is doing it,,, I'll look through that and pass it on.

Comment

As a newbie, I jumped in head first into a very deep ravine filled with a lot of information and misinformation .... having found people like y’all has helped to sort out the junk and utilize the proven and tried techniques. On the other hand, some people move into things on their own and outcomes vary....if it lives the test of time and popularity, it works its way into one of those tried and true techniques. You Tubio is frothed with some good stuff...and crap: Once again my buddies, thanks for those guidances

ta-da....my 2 cents

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall Your 2cents, is worth millions, to some folks.
          Keep up the awesome job ,your doing, ole buddy. And pass it on, to the next person, that will listen.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          As your knowledge is worth to me.....It will be my pleasure my friend.... You have passed on to me an incredibly valued gift that will be handed off to anyone wanting to listen. AND I will proudly let them know how it was passed along to me ! THAT is a GAW-RUN-TEE !

Yes tried and true, and to that, is anyone here using (or used) one of these presses? If so what do you think of it?
        It certainly sounds like something I could use,,, and the low end unit is out of stock but not out of reach,,,,.

Comment

After reading up on these, it is not for me, all they do is get whats on the outside,,,,

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            When I first started looking into extraction, I checked out the presses, but concluded: you'd need tons of bud and a huge press to really do it right, and it just doesn't seem like the most efficient way to extract. It is, however, solventless. I decided to go with the Source by Extractcraft--which can do a lot more things than a rosin press can do (which is just one thing).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X