Microgrow lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microgrow lighting

I'm trying to cover a 5'x5' area with a 600 watt viparspectra led. I have 2-150 watt hps in storage. Can I or should I use one or both of my extra lights or is my led enough?

Cannabutt

What is the actual draw of the LED?
    a good rule of thumb number is 40 to 50 watts for ever sqft.

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

276 watts. The 40-50 watts per sq.ft helps a lot thank you.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Just remember your LED light and HID lights may need to be at different heights.

Use all the lights, heat will be the enemy. If you can control it you could rock the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabutt View Post
        I'm trying to cover a 5'x5' area with a 600 watt viparspectra led. I have 2-150 watt hps in storage. Can I or should I use one or both of my extra lights or is my led enough?
        u need 50-60 watts per square foot of HPS or Blurple LED for good-great flowering, 5x5 = 25 sq ft, that would be 1,250 - 1,500 watts to cover all your 5x5.
        276 + 150 + 150 = 576 watts, u r 1/3 of the way to filling your 5x5 with HPS/Blurple,
        u have enough light to flower a 2x5 or 3x3 area.!

look into HLG Quantum Boards, u can use your Vipar and HPS's and start adding QB LED to the tent.!!
        check out this link, their veg AND flower recommendations are spot on.!!....

sorry, can't get it to link up, but Growers Lights was great, good email response and great packaging.!
          In 2016 Johnson Grow Lights and Northern Grow Lights merged together and founded Horticulture Lighting Group. With the combined expertise and experience HL...

Comment

• SlowOldGuy
          SlowOldGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          apologies again, linked it twice.! LOL
          new to the site, maybe i'll get the hang of it soon.!! (i m old, y'all be patient, LOL)

Thanks for all of the input. It's a closet so I can easily down size.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X