First Auto Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Auto Grow

Starting my first auto-flowering grow after two successful photo-period grows.

I'll be growing indoors in a 5'X8' tent, Happy Frog soil in 5-gal fabric pots. I'll be using a 600 watt Solistek 4k MH bulb in a Magnum XXXL Lo-Pro reflector, Solistek programmable Matrix ballast, 18-6 for the entire duration. I will also use a 10K MH 'finisher' bulb for the last 5-7 days prior to harvest.

The strain is 'Gorillla Glue' auto seeds by FastBuds Seeds (from Seedsman), 5 to be attempted. I have had excellent results using a 'germination dome', which has a nice heat pad under it. I place my seeds into 'rooters' in the germ dome, under a 4-bulb, 2-foot T5 starter lamp (6400 bulbs) and usually, I'm transplanting 4"-5" seedlings (in rooters) in a week.

I have read that autos should be planted directly into the grow medium (i.e., not transplanted) but I feel confident that the 'rooter' method minimizes or eliminates the 'shock' hazard of transplanting.

Once in the Happy Frog, I'll be using General Hydroponics Flora nutes (again) as I've had EXCELLENT results with it.

Past grows have been veg'd for 7-9 weeks (!) then flowered for 7-16 weeks (!!) with excellent yields. I'm anticipating this grow to last 12-14 weeks with hopefully vigorous growth and massive yields.

Hoping that members here with auto experience, strain experience and/or a setup like mine will comment/critique so I get this auto thing right. TIA!
    Last edited by growgreenjr; 12-23-2018, 09:39 PM.
    Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

I also have my first autos going, so I got nuthin in the experience/advice dept. I'm just reading what others have to say, tutorials etc. although you should take a look at Green75's u-tube auto grow, he has a unique style.

Comment

Lot of growers with first time autos here: Auto ShowDown

you should label them Thing 1 and Thing 2, post some pics, read and ask questions (LOL - I'm in it to harvest the grow knowledge, and a hoping for a little bud 😁)

Welcome to the party 🍾

Comment

Update time, day 69 of the grow.

Holy-moly, these fast buds seeds are THE BOMB. I guess I'm an auto grower now, because these plants are incredible. As they end their tenth week, the smell of the flowers is so sweet it's intoxicating. The appearance of the smaller, inner flowers is utterly amazing, they are just perfectly frosted. LOTS of frost on these plants; that, plus the plant structure & yields are excellent.

I've been 'scoping' the trichomes and the caps are cloudy, but nothing amber yet. Two plants are showing leaves mottled with yellow as the plants concentrate all energy to the flowers, this seems normal. I was planning on 90-110 days for this crop, but making it past 80-85 days seems unlikely at this point. VERY IMPRESSED!
        Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

Hello Growgreenjr, yes they do appear to go yellow the fans, i had issues with thrips, may have also caused the marks on the leaves. Your plants seem to be doing very well. I like auto also, small and stealth for the outdoors

Comment

Update...Chopped three plants (#1,3 & 4) on day 73.

Both of the taller plants (#3 - 54" from top of pot, #1 - 36") yielded very sativa-like wispy buds that were absolutely covered with frosty trichomes; the smell is quite citrusy-fruity. Trichomes were just starting to cloud up, no amber ones seen. Combined yield from these two plants is estimated at 5-6 ounces dried.

I also chopped one of the three shorter plants, #4, that had mostly amber pistils and cloudy-capped trichomes; it was approx 24" tall, and yielded some impressive colas. Yield estimated at 5-6 ounces dried.

The individual branches were lightly wet-trimmed, labeled, then hung to dry. RH is about 43% in that room so I'm thinking 7-10 days, then time for jars.

Judging from the enormous covering of trichomes on this crop I'm anticipating some real butt-kicking potency here, stay tuned

Comment

Sounds great GrowGreenjr, yes much stronger i think home grown is than say buying it, well in Australia anyway, not many trichomes on the nimbin stuff i got. Great job mate look forward to hearing about the smoke

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X