Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable THC analyser?

Hi everyone,
    what do you all think about this? Is it real?

Don't have time to send your cannabis to a lab? CannaDX is a portable cannabis chemical analyzer that will test the potency of your flower for THC.

wish to have something like this

Wow love this but I have to wait until they develop it to a 1% uncertainty compared to GC but I love the premise!
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

I like the idea, but what’s next ? breathalyzer tests for thc, probably, the cops would luv it. 🤫

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        They already have them_ weed breathalyzers_ problem is THC stays in your system way longer than you might realize_ its fat soluble so thats were it ends up. for a month or longer. The "breathalyzer" doesn't provide an accurate means of measuring how "intoxicated' one is because THC stays in your system for so long and tolerance is a huge influence as well_quite a bit more so than alcohol.

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve read it tests smoke in your breath for 2-3 hours after consuming

Oh yeah. My state has been tossing the idea around for about a year, the best they can come up with is some unknown variant on the standard field sobriety tests (which I would "fail" when stone sober due to preexisting neurological problems). I might see how the concept could be used for a field blood test (finger stick), but tolerance/effect varies so widely that I don't think there can be a standard impairment level like for alcohol.
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Should have read down a little further_ WWW got it right on....I have seizures once in a while and even one of the meds would trigger a positive test for cannabis! I'm doomed if they test me, stone cold sober or not.
        Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Marketing scam! Please do not fall for futuristic tech gizmos.

thouroughly investigates them after reading this, they only have preloaded data for 5 terpenes, yup guys 5!

“Measuring total canna profile”????

Thats stastically impossible, it’s different for every single plant even if it’s clone only or one strain lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67626.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	278513
          Last edited by Vitaminthc; 12-23-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Vitaminthc
            Vitaminthc commented
            Editing a comment
            If I give that phone case a sample of some New Zealand heritage lemon skunkies it will probably tell me it’s not cannabis and is a tetraploid and belongs on mars haha

This reminds me of the strain-identifier April Fools prank that Leafly ran a few years ago...actually got a buddy to fall for that recently.
          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

It’s a new tech and it appears that they are developing it to become more accurate and have a wider terpene selection. Keep an open mind
            Grow and good luck
            Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

I don't know about an "affordable" and yet accurate testing kit for cannabinoid, terpene and flavonoid profiles but take a look at the Phylos Bioscience's Phylos Galaxy_ genome project. Its a great resource for finding out the genetic history of thousands of strains they have tested from all over the planet. Unfortunately every strain out there hasn't been tested or submitted and there are so many, but its a great resource for genetics none the less and can only be improved as more and more strains are submitted and tested by growers from all over. Cheers!
              liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                one of the youtubers I watch - just used that product. $50 American for 1 test card. 1 test card has 4 test sites. all you do is press the cotyledon leaf inside the test card, remove the pressed cotyledon, repeat until you have filled the 4 slots - send it off.

Im hoping VaderOG posts a copy of the end report

link to video, using the test card

I'll check out the video- thanks. I tried a sex testing lab in Portland last time and it was 100% accurate. But it was $10/test so to test 10 plants... $100. A lot to spend if you end up with at least half males but I'll probably do it again as long as I don't wait too long. I didn't during the current grow because I didn't get it together soon enough and was going to be able to sex them myself within a week or two. But keeping them in the 1 gallon planters for that long put me behind as far as any LST training was concerned and I wish I could have avoided that. I haven't tried testing for genetics yet. Testing for sex can be a real benefit if your working with regular seed and have limited space and want to get on with things (transplanting, training, etc) as soon as possible. For me anyways!

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                thats what he was primarily doing - testing for sex

Waiting for males to express themselves can be a PITA for sure_ I've been able to tell some males at 3-4 weeks and others not until week 5, even week 6 for a few sativa.
              That's a long time to wait and see!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X