Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Drooping/shrinking Plants !!

Hi All ,

Having trouble regaining vigour of plants . Here's some background.
    Growing in a 90cm/90cm by 160cm high tent, 2 plants. 150mm air inflow and 150mm filter outflow vented directly outside . Small fan also that directly blows on light bulb to help keep heat down. Growing in soil not hydroponic. Using Nutrients from store , not sure of brand. Puting about 50mil to 10 litres of water.

Problem started when i swapped my CFL lights for a 400W HPS at the same time that i swapped to 12/12.
    (Around three weeks ago.Start of December)

Plants were growing very well and healthy up to this point. When i swapped over lights i had to seal of room for light and leave tent open to keep heat down. I may have overwatered at this point also that triggered a nitrogen deficiency. It took around a week and a half to get the PH levels back to correct. Plants are still recovering.

I think my problem is to do with watering but having alot of trouble finding the correct amount . I had a small amount of trouble with over watering during Veg but plants always bounced back in a day or two at the most.

Something to do with my new setup with the HPS is slowing down growth and overall size of plants.
    Dates in photos.

Any help or suggestions would be good i don't like seeing my babies slowly dying !!
    Last edited by Conanwarrior; 12-23-2018, 01:43 AM.

What kind of hood do you have? Does it vent out ? How close do you keep the light?
    your title says Coco but you are saying soil?
    And lastly how do you water? Amount ? pot size?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
      What kind of hood do you have? Does it vent out ? How close do you keep the light?
      your title says Coco but you are saying soil?
      And lastly how do you water? Amount ? pot size?
      Hi Mr Furley

I dont have a hood ,lights are about 200mm away from top of plants . yes it is soil no COCO COIR. I water with a watering can and pots are 45litre cloth.

Comment

You have a case of over-watering there as well. Delicate root hairs get soaked, drown, rot and die. Without those hairs, the plant can’t intake any nutrients. Then that’s when deficiencies start kicking in. If left unchecked, speed bumps, drooping, and chicken claws start to become noticeable. You have to start watching your watering practices. The lights being that close to the canopy doesn't look like it's helping either.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabliss View Post
          You have a case of over-watering there as well. Delicate root hairs get soaked, drown, rot and die. Without those hairs, the plant can’t intake any nutrients. Then that’s when deficiencies start kicking in. If left unchecked, speed bumps, drooping, and chicken claws start to become noticeable. You have to start watching your watering practices. The lights being that close to the canopy doesn't look like it's helping either.
          Thanks cannabliss I'll lift lights up , also do you have any methods of watering I can adhere to ?

Comment

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            I grow in DWC, so I'm not too familiar with how consistent one should water growing in coco. I understand that its watering practices are more consistent than in soil, but still, one has to be careful not to overdo it. You may want to check out GWE's topic on growing in coco. Lots of info you may find useful. Here's the link: https://www.growweedeasy.com/coco-coir

Let you pot dry out till it is light when you pick it up, how much do you water and how often?
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
            Let you pot dry out till it is light when you pick it up, how much do you water and how often?
            I usually go through a 9L watering can a week for two plants.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X