Ppm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ppm question

I'm just wondering how many ppm you hydro growers shoot for during mid to late stage flowering? I use ro water and my ppm were around 1100 during my last grow. Plants looked healthy with no deficiencies, got great yeild and it tastes great. However the potency isn't as high as I'd like it to be. I'm not really complaining, I'd just like to grow top shelf buds. I was wondering if perhaps I was under feeding them slightly?

That’s not exactly how potency works. You can decrease the ability of the plant to develop when deficiency’s occur, but if the plant is healthy and showed no deficiencies then more nutrients will only cause problems, I would blame it on genetics, get some high quality strains and even when you fuck up the result is always good

Comment

I'm hoping the seeds I just ordered are better. Went with a different seed bank this time. The last batch were definitely questionable.

Comment

I would have to agree with 9fingerleafs. Feeding plants more nutes ain’t going to make them more potent. You’re just going to end up with nute burn. You can add bud boosters to increase bud size, but potency mainly lies with the strain itself. If you're already using bud boosters, then don't add more lol. Might want to consider a strain with a higher THC %. What lights and watts are you using if you don’t mind me asking? Are the new seeds you ordered the same strain as before?
        Last edited by Cannabliss; 12-22-2018, 11:32 PM.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

This strain was supposed to be 25%. I've been feeding bud boosters too. Must be the genetics. I'm using a 1000w hortilux hps. The new seeds are from dinafem. The last batch were from crop king

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ever think about adding UV lighting to your set up? UV-b is known to increase THC production. There has been plenty of research already conducted that backs up this theory.

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            1000w Hortilux HPS (Great Light), 1100 PPM (sounds fair), and your plants are growing healthy. If the strain is reported at 25% THC, then yea, I would have to perhaps question the seeds from Crop King. Either that or your tolerance just went up lol. Good luck with the new beans from Dinafem.

Thanks man.

Comment

Toker1 I haven't done much research on uv lighting. I'll have to look into it.

Comment

Uvb helps with trichome production, if u can remove the glass between the light and the plants the uvb light is there, if not you can add uva-uvb lights. I found reptile lights to have what’s needed to produce this effect as well,and cheep too. I have heard about mor expensive lights that do the same thing but burn out quick. Do the research and ask Q. And decide for yourself.lol

Comment

I'm using a wing reflector. Does the glass from the bulb itself block the uvb?

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, the glass structure of a standard bulb will block most UV-b and UV-c. But it allows UV-a to pass through. A bat wing reflector will allow more UV light to reach your plants than an air cooled reflector will. The more glass UV passes through, the less UV light will penetrate through to the canopy.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X