Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What strain ?

I need your help if possible , and thank u very much in advance,,
    Is it possible to identify the strain on this photo three weeks old plant,, it is ruderelis or sativa or indica , taken from bird food ?

Thank u

It has fat leaves like an Indica.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

If you look up types of pot leaves you may get some indication of strain. But at this stage it would be just guessing. Usually large leaves indicate an indica type strain( in the couch) and thin leaves indicate a sativa (Work strain). Give it a little more time under the light and see how the leaf development continues and it will be a little easier to determine. But as a side note, I would name it , "Bird of Paradise" because when you harvest, it could truly be Paradise! Not to be negative, hope it's not hemp? I have found them also in bird seed but always questioned is it the real deal? If you succeed in this grow, the price of bird seed will go up (LOL) and you will have answered my question. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Comment

Got this from bird seed and it germinated? I'm curious where this goes...although it likely is just plain hemp, there's always hope
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Pot seed has been found and grown from bird seed for many years, you can most likely eliminate the ruderalis, but who really knows,,,

Comment

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            agreed!
            Indica is the best indication, at this point.

Thank you guys , i have used 17 seeds of bird food and they are however 100% germination successful . Yes those are local from local bird food noting that there is no legal hemp growers in my country , it is also illegal .
          i believe the best thing is to wait few more 1 or 2 week . And i will post more photos so we can confirm thier strain.

Comment

The strain itself will be very difficult to determine even once the plant matures_unless its a hemp plant. Most every strain these days is really a hybrid, so determining if its Sativa, or Indica or most of one or the other is something I wouldn't worry about_ The final product and it effects are what really count! Right now I'm growing six plants, three strains, two of each. They are all hybrids, some with more Indica genetics and some more sativa. The leaves on the seedlings were pretty much the same and they looked more indica than sativa but now that they're entering the fourth week of 12/12 the leaves have changed_ three of the plants are now looking a lot more sativa-like_ with longer and thiner leaf blades. The others are looking more indica_ like they're suppose to since they come from 60/40 indica to sativa genetics. Those that look more sativa are from 30/70 (indica/sativa). But this wasn't really evident before the switch and now 4 weeks later they are really beginning to take shape. Hope you get what you want!
            Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

today i got two more leaves on same part. Which give 7 leaves . I believe i can cut now the possibility of hemp .
              Attached Files

Comment

• Colombo
                Colombo commented
                Editing a comment
                It's looking pretty healthy and would guestamate an indica due to the characteristics of its growth. Nice fat leaves, short ! Happy New Year !!

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd say Indica-hybrid,

Comment

That's a nice little thing, looks happy so far.
                ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Impossible to tell specifically what strain unless of course you want to spend the big bucks. https://www.steephill.com/genetics Far cheaper just to smoke some after harvest, and at least tell if it is indica, or sativa.

Comment

The leaf structure looks like an indica but they are young so that can change a bit as they mature. Once they really get going you should be able to tell by the height and length of the branches as they grow out. In my experience plants that are predominantly sativa have longer branches and slightly longer internodes even when trained. Sativa's are often referred to as "candelabra" shaped. Time will tell. Happy grows in 2019!
                    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Oh yeah, another lab you can use for strain ID in Portland is Phylos Bioscience_they do genetic and sex testing from either the cotyledons or the first/second set of leaves. But its not cheap either. They have a huge catalog and can provide a genetic history for your plant. But at the stage its in you'll need to find a lab wherever you live because your plant has matured to the "official" cannabis stage so the leaves won't be legal to send through the post if that concerns you. The cotyledons aren't, so you can ship them legally...but of course they can ID them at any age...

Comment

• ZigZag
                        ZigZag commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well its definitely not an indica dominant plant_ the leaf and plant structure are much more sativa like than indica. And it just might be hemp. I'm going to post a photo of some hemp plants for you_ next post. Hemp plants do grow lanky and tall but that could be due to weak and indirect lighting with your plant. Give it some more light if you can. back soon with photo...

No need what important is not hemp , here is recent photo of it

Comment

• Colombo
                        Colombo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Things are looking up, I would try to get more direct light on it. Lot of shadows. If all holds true, you may just have that bird in paradise.

• ZigZag
                        ZigZag commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Here are some photos of hemp plants grown outside_ hopefully they might help. Hope you have yourself a true cannabis plant! OK, Looks like I can't post a photo with this comment so I'm going to try again below...

YES! ok here are some hemp pics_

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X