Solis tek 4k MH for everything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solis tek 4k MH for everything?

Hi I just got a sweet Solis Tek Digital Ballast 600W with a 2K HPS but I'm reading up on this bulb they offer- Metal Halide White 4k. For what it's worth the description on the advertisement that came with the HPS bulb says. "4K MH pulse start lamp is a full spectrum light used for all stages of growth and bloom. Contains low iron glass to allow more UVA/UVB that all plants have evolved naturally with and specific gas chemistry design for plant growth." Anyone familiar with this 4k MH?

It would be fine to use that MH during both veg and flowering. However it would be best to use a HPS for flowering due to the efficiency differences between the technologies.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

Hi....I'm planning to use a digital Solistek 4k MH 600W bulb for my next grow, commencing shortly; I will be using the bulb in a 18-6 format (w/Solistek programmable 'Matrix' ballast) for my first auto-flowering grow. I have previously used Solistek 600W bulbs for two photoperiod grows (6K MH, 24/0-veg; 2K HPS, 12/12-flower) with a last-week finish using the Solistek 10K bulb (no discernible advantage, but I'll keep using it). The bulbs are used in a Sun System Magnum XXXL Lo-Pro reflector.

If you do acquire the 4K bulb you will notice that it is a monster - very well made, heavy and technical. My bulb has a manufacture date of 10-13 printed on the glass. I have read about it's 'all-in-one' attributes so I think it will be great for an auto grow.
      Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

• Smokesteve
        Smokesteve commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool thanks my friend, it's always nice when someone wakes up an old thread. I can't wait to hear your results! Good luck

• growgreenjr
        growgreenjr commented
        Editing a comment
        So I'm back with an update to the 4K MH bulb experiment; and as expected the 4K MH bulb performed great for this grow; lot's of vigorous vegging followed by energetic flowering. I would have no problem using it again for another auto grow, start to finish.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X