I have ordered my grow tents and now I need help equipping them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have ordered my grow tents and now I need help equipping them

I'm a new grower and would like some help in setting up my grow tents.
    I ordered two 4' x4' x 73" grow tents and my head is bursting with all the research I have been doing to equip them.
    The tents will be in a second bedroom that has wall to wall with no option of removing it.
    From the great amount of reading I have been doing on GWE I will be starting with auto flowers.
    I want to use led lights and I'm leaning towards Viparspectra and or Advanced Platinum just overwhelmed with all the specs.
    What size would be good for 4by 4 tent without breaking the bank. Need everything else from soil to nutes, seeds ph meter carbon filter inline fans ect... want to vent both tents with one fan and carbon filter if possible. Have around 1400 to 1500 to play with minus tents of 240. Future want to try photoperiod so I can also learn to clone ect...
    I don't want to start a debate between members of which product is better. Just need pointing in right direction.
    Also the led lights I mentioned. it doesn't have to be one of them if another product is worth looking into
    Thanks in advance for any and all help.

If you are gonna start with autos you'd be better off to concentrate your efforts on one tent. Get it up and running and have plenty of time to make a plan. lec is kinda costy but I've never heard anyone say they were sorry. Get some 3 and 5 gal. smart pots, pick a name brand nutrient trio and some cal-mag, good potting soil and extra perlite. Spend the money for a good Ph. tester. Get a 6 in. carbon filter and fan. Look at New 420 guy for good inexpensive auto seeds,and fast delivery. Read the growing tutorials on G.W.E. Try to not overthink everything. Sometimes the kiss theory is best.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Potted are you talking a 630w LEC? Something doesn’t seem right with the electrical usage or footprint you are describing.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Hay toker1, I’m thinking about the one miss haze used for her one pound grow in the news letter a few weeks ago. Check it out if u haven’t 😁.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      So that was a 315w LEC in a 2x4 square foot area.
      A 600w HPS will easily cover a 4x4 square foot area (double the square area size a 315 LEC is capable of handling).
      Last edited by Toker1; 12-13-2018, 04:48 PM.

Thanks PRIMO, I do plan on setting up one tent first. Forgot to mention that I'm in a legal state allowing up to twelve plants.
    Thought of starting second set of auto's about 6 wks after first. Any suggestions on PH tester.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Buy quality seeds. Genetics is everything.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      GARIC You are a lucky man, to be living in a legal state, that must be nice.
      If you want a good ph meter ,it's hard to beat a BlueLabs, imo, they are a more expensive, but they do a fine job,
      You can get by with the 20buck, yellow ones on Amazon, but you might want to get 2 off them, just in case. It's all about taking care of them. As it is with all the ph meters.
      Good Luck with your growing, have fun and welcome to GWE.
      Be sure to show us your plants progress, with pictures.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X