Nitrogen toxicity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrogen toxicity?

Came back from a short vacation and found my 3 young blackberry plants suffering from what looks like nitrogen toxicity. Plants are in FFOF , transplanted to current pots about 2 weeks ago ,they seemed to be adapting well.
    600 watt mh light 20" above plants. I flushed with plain phd water today. Pic is of worst of 3. Black in veins of some leaves also. Any suggestions?

You Spray your plants and have them under lights?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

No , just watering with phd water, no nutes yet. Thinking hot soil, 1st time growing this strain, never had this problem.

Comment

I think your plants are ready for some nutes

Comment

They have only been in the 5-gallon pots with fresh soil for a couple of weeks. that's soil is hot enough I shouldn't have to feed them for at least three or four weeks.

Comment

I've not seen FFOF cause any kind of lockout or nutrient burn like that by itself. Maybe seedlings will have the very tip turn brown but that's about it. And have never had that happen myself. So it's not to much nutrients unless you have been feeding them.

Comment

Russet or broad mites? The other 2 plants just have the dark waxy leaves symptom.

Comment

What soil are you using? In the one pic it really looks deficient to me imstead of toxic. Anybody else thinking the same thing? I had nitrogen toxicity before and my leaves were very dark and tips curled down.

Comment

• Smokesteve
                  Smokesteve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FFOF = fox farms ocean forest

If you have given no nutrients then I would start using them. I have always used ffof inside and yes it can go a couple weeks without adding any. I usually start the nutrients dependent on the size of the plant and signs of any deficiency. And yours are plenty big enough and its been long enough to start your nutrient schedule.

Comment

I'll get going on nutes , but the dark waxy leaves threw me off.

Comment

• Smokesteve
                    Smokesteve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Really inspect the undersides of the leaves to rule anything nefarious and crawly out.

No bugs, no more curling leaves. Thinking a little hot soil and shock from transplanting caused the problem , all 3 back to growing normal. Can't wait to switch to 12/12 on the blackberry.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X