Curing in 36 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing in 36 hours

Hello growers, I just want to share this little article with you all. New technologies for curing cannabis. The most interesting to me is the freeze-dry process. Fascinating stuff, what do you people think?
    Curing is an integral yet overlooked part of the growing process. Here’s a look at some new innovations in cannabis curing methods.

Interesting read. The freeze-dry process does make sense. However, I personally don’t mind old school practices of waiting 2 weeks minimum for my buds to cure. It’s not really a lot of time to wait, especially if you’re just growing for yourself and have plenty of backup buds to keep you happy while you wait for the new batch to cure. I even went and checked out their home freezer dryers and their smallest model was about $2600? Ouch.
    My question to them would be, did the actual water that they froze in the bud and then extracted as vapor to speed up the curing process have any negative effects on the final product’s taste, potency and smell vs just curing in old fashion jars or turkey bags? They say no, but I wonder. I guess it could work for those in commercial growing and in a hurry and/or have the cash to buy these special freezers. I sure don’t lol. I wonder if these freezers have already been used and their final products already selling in popular dispensaries.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I've looked at that yofumo machine, which might as well be called Prepárate a gastar muchísimo dinero. I guess it will work for the large processers. But they are full of shit to say that curing was in the stone age before they came along: "Curing has to do with consistency, repeatability, and pulling data. We love data, we don’t put anything out that we can’t back up with data.” Pendejos.

I think that we growers are like fine wine makers who grow their own grapes and then do all the rest by themselves. There is no way to beat a product you've put your heart and soul into.

AND, if you look on the "About us" page of Yotiropedos, you'll see that they all have these corporate backgrounds I wouldn't want anything to do with.

I will stick with the Ardent Nova. I think the way that it decarbs bud is also like a 2 hour cure: it makes the bud incredibly fragrant and powerful.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        LMAO!! Tienes mucha razon, but you really made me laugh there.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Cannabliss Es la elocuencia y belleza del español...... Glad someone understands ;-}

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        I prefer artisanal grower, but I suspect it will be 'craft' grower, when it ends up in the news 😁

Yeah might be fine for a commercial grow I guess, but I'm with alltatup on this one. Turned my grow room into a big humidor on my last grow. My buds hung for over a month in 60-65% humidity with a fan to keep the air moving. Then it went into the jars for a few more weeks before I let any of it go

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        And I'll bet it smoked like a dream.

Yeah prices are crazy, I just love seeing technological advances focused on weed, like real scientists developing processes and machines to do things faster and more efficiently. I for one used to believe that slow drying is the only way to go but apparently now there are more options

Comment

• Vitaminthc
        Vitaminthc commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to disappoint you 9fingers but your intuition is right, please continue to believe that slow drying/curing is the golden rule. There are processes that happen within the buds and the plant that need the length of the curing process that already exists. Adding any light, heat, moisture, curing with certain gases, even too much air exchange will produce something different, wether they can argue that it’s so similar it still ain’t the same.

But nonetheless, I’ll be purchasing one of these yofumo pro curers to try, I’ll take it apart and go through the manual to tell you exactly what’s it doing to the weed.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I asked the folks at Ardent what happens to the chlorophyll during the decarb process, but they didn't know. What comes out of the Nova are beautiful brown-colored buds that really smell divine. Because the Ardent folks never can answer my questions, I continue to believe that the Nova's process is as close to a 2 hour cure as one can get. The buds smell completely different when the process is finished, and the terpenes have "ripened."

You cannot cure cannabis in 36 hours.....

As much as these new goofs come out with their new regergitated Chinese gizmo’s, from a biological perspective it is impossible to freeze dry cannabis flower and expect the same effect as a traditional cure.

Chlorophyl alone for one takes more than 72 hours to finish catalysing and degrading as enzymes inside the tissue of the plant after it’s chopped. Theres a reason hang drying is a necessity for the first 5-10 after harvest. If you’re looking for the quickest effective cure, water curing takes about a week.

Dont fall all for this scientific advancement bullshit some things just don’t need changing. I am starting work at a grow-op / research facility where I will be putting all of these so callled myths and theories to the test in REAL LIFE.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        is the drying part that happens that fast, I think, let us know how it goes

• Vitaminthc
        Vitaminthc commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean it’s obviously a different processes for live extractions and terpenes, for those types plant material is taken flushed and then raw processed but they still give the material rest time after chopping before freeze drying it, that preserves specifically more the raw sugars, terpenes, cannabinoids. For a true smokers nug, from a scientific perspective standard effective curing breaks down a lot of those raw sugars and terpenes into their final forms which in the end much more chemically simpler and better for you in many ways if you like to smoke 💨

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X