Testing runoff when Flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing runoff when Flushing

So I've been flushing one of my plants that has been looking really awful, and I tested her first runoff and it was way in the mid-70s I've been pH in their water before feeding or when giving plain water, and always kept it at 6.5 or a little bit lower than that. So I hope what I'm doing is correct here but since the first runoff tested so high, the water that I'm continuing to flush the pot with Ms in the high fives. Like 5.5. And hopes to get the runoff closer to 6.5 rather than in the low sevens. Does this make sense and am I doing it right?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

You don't mean mid 70s do you? More like 7.5 right? If around 7.5 I don't think you really have anything to worry about.

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! Know I didn't mean mid-seventies I meant like 7.5. Well, what I did when I finished using the flush water I had the pH around 6.0 to try to lower the pH of the runoff. It got it down to like 7.0. So my understanding now what I do is when the pot is dried out again and I water her again, I will pH the water to be lower 60s, so that the soil will be adjusted down to closer to 6.5 area. Does this sound about right?

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      You're close enough. I wouldn't worry about it.

Low EC water does very little changing the ph, flush until the right EC in runoff (low ppm) and then “flush” the pot with nutrient rich water at the right ph until the runoff ph is the desired one. Make sure you flush well before attempting to change ph

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't even know what that means. What is EC water? And I have no idea what the parts per million is with my water. I have well water and I know it's very high and mineral content. I don't have a ppm meter and don't plan on getting one. This whole business of pH in nutrients and micronutrients and blah blah blah is way too much for me at this point. It shouldn't be this difficult. I've grown orchids in my house for the last seven years and never pH their water, and out of 27 phalaenopsis orchids 27 Bloom 7 months out of the year in my house. Without a greenhouse. And here I am now trying to grow weed and all of these problems come up. It seems ridiculous to me. But I'm going to stick with it. I learn how to grow healthy orchids, and I want to learn how to do this too.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah never mind all that complicated jibberish. Flushing does not change ph but water and nutrients do

Just relax, it’s a steep learning curve, read all info on this and outher sites,and gleen what u will from them. There’s no dumb question. I wouldn’t worry to much about what’s coming out. Just ph the water going in and the amount of fertilizer used.without a picture it’s hard to say what your issue is. But if your using kind soil why are u flushing at all? I’ve never used smart soil but I hear it’s hot? Could this effect the way it looks? LOL

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      and thanks for putting up with my irritable venting guys. I can't imagine someday that I will be so comfortable with this that I could actually give somebody else advice LOL!

Potted, I know you're not supposed to flush using kind of soil or even water to runoff, but this plant looks so sick and yellow that there's something wrong I wanted to know if the soil had run out of nutrients or if I had for some way nutrient lockout. I've only used recharge and molasses anise plant and it and another one in the same group from the same seed pack are doing the same thing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X