Weed has came a long way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed has came a long way!

I imagine alot of you have seen this but i just saw it for the first time. We have came along way since 1977. I dont personally remember weed looking like this, I didn't start smoking till the early 80's and then it was mostly brick weed.

I started in 12016, and I’m very grateful to all the hippies of the 70s-90s for engineering better plants so I don’t have too.
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Crazy but by 1977, we had hung it up. Bought a house and had a kid. I remember friends coming over in the early 1970’s with: Colombian, Acapulco Gold, Mexican and occasionally Thai Stick. On our first vacation in 1978, my cousin in Miami gave us a skinny joint and said “ this is really good shit”. I still remember it was one of the best nights of my married life...😜. Then, for the next 39 years, we had to pay the bills and I showed up here...and so glad I did

Comment

I chopped down my grow, and was drafted,boot camp,A&B schools trained to b a rigger in the navy,assigned to a marine helicopter squadron and sent to hell on the other side of the world.Smoked some great stuff in country and I made it out alive. After that I joined the s.i.u. (Seafarers International Union) headquartered in Brooklyn NY. And as my book got stronger I was able to pick the ships or better the ports of call that had the best and most reliable priceing I’ve smuggled k’s, back in the day. Stayed on the ships till I married 2 houses,2 kids grown and gone and 39years of wedded bliss. I’m growen as much for a med as a hobby now that I’m a grandpa again. Chow
        Last edited by Potted; 12-03-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Lol yes old school vs new school. As it is called now. I actually love the weaker strains that taste and smell great. You can smoke more and enjoy the smoke. Tonight was one hit and my eyeballs wanted to jump out of my head. Yes I loved the friggin high but damn not even sure I remembered what it tastes like.

Comment

This is a cross we all have to bare.... with better and more dependable genetics today, I vote for progress,
            I can see what your talked about if u really want the old stuff like panama red and others y got to go local
            i picked up som outstanding bud in Mexico last year with sum seeds witch I brought back for the garden.😁

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              I grow some weak weed of my own. I think it was supposed to be Lemon OG but I've never had that strain as weak as what I call the House weed. Like going to a bar and getting the house vodka. Lmao But it is definitely very citrusy and fruity. Has an after smell of lemon pledge, and is super aromatic from across the room. You can smell it even when sealed. Ironically up close it has only a lemon aroma. It is very very smooth and leaves a great and satisfying after taste of green grapes maybe. It will get you nice and high after a few sessions with it. I'm guessing between 2 of us we might go through 4 grams to get nice and happy. But it is very enjoyable the whole time. Most of the time I'll smoke some of it through my vaporizer and then after cleaning the bowl I'll switch to one of my better strains.

Dont get me wrong I really enjoy the variety now, the options on strength, taste, aroma, feel, and smoothness. It is almost an ideal time to be a mj partaker or a connoisseur. It will be the ideal time when it's legal everywhere. I look forward to the leaps and bounds that will be gained in the industry. Especially when it comes to flavor, aroma, and just overall complexities of it.

My wife almost freaked out the other day as I am very particular about flavor etc. A family member was here and we were enjoying a few different things. One piney, one fruity, one that tastes just like Christmas, and last one that tastes like carmel.

Well after we were done. they said that they all tasted the same to them. My wife sat up and quickly said dont say that in this house again. He is serious about his flavor. Lmao

Being a connoisseur / grower is having the best of bouth worlds. U know what goes in and how it comes out. Most don’t have the nose to tell the difference between strains that’s left to the more advanced smoker or vaper, and yea I like mixing strains together and separately as well,
            don’t burn thru the best and leave the rest,... old school 😁 sayen

Comment

Yes I have a memory of what weed smelled like before I learned about it. Way back when weed smelled like weed. Well now weed does not smell anything like my memory of weed. They all smell different and have a complex set of aromas. I can tell at least all mine apart just by smell. And they have the one aroma inside a jar, a different aroma in a bag, and an even different smell from across the room. By the way the one from across the room is the closest to what my memory says weed smells like

Comment

Redwasp, that was an eye opener . I have not smelled that scent of pot in a very long time. You could walk anywhere and recognize that aroma. If I’ve smelled “ new pot “ anytime in the last 5 yrs, I would not have known it. Maybe until a few weeks ago at least

Comment

One I miss is the good old Mexican laugh your ass off weed, (I could tell what mountain valley it came from by it's smell and taste) of course I also like the Jamaican, Afghani, Colombian, Thai stick, Buddha stick and so on, weed was imported from all over the world.
                  I also remember the blond Lebanese hash, and the Nepalese hash that came through here every so often, ah the good ol days!
                  The THC oil (the "peanut butter T" (as they called it) was great too) we got was claimed to be 99% pure, and would knock your _____ in the dirt!

Comment

• Redwasp
                    Redwasp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ahhh yes that just happy, everything was funny, and you couldnt stop laughing no matter what was said weed. Was that real? I remember smoking it. Or I have memories of that feeling. But havent been able to find anything close since the early 80s. But then again I didn't smoke for some years. So like my memory of what weed smelled like, I am starting to wonder if either are true memories.

All I remember from the 60s-early 70s was some dry ass weed full of seeds. I'd get a colander, sift out all the seeds and roll joints with those thick old papers. I don't remember the smell, the high or the name. I remember some weed me and a friend bought on the university campus one day when we were skipping school, went in the bathroom, smoked some and nothing. Absolutely nothing. Got my hands on some better stuff when I went off to college, though. But I can't recall any memorable pot highs from college. Acid and shrooms, yes, but pot no.

I didn't smoke but a few times during the 80s and 90s. So after around 20 years of not smoking, I certainly remember the first time I smoked some West Coast Humboldt County kind bud in 2005 with a girlfriend; we sat on the front porch and watched the sun set. Now this was in a particularly flat part of TX, so when the sun set, it set all over the horizon. It was glorious; I don't think I'd ever been high like that: a smooth, robust, calm high. I was hooked again.

I love the technology of cannabis and cannabis equipment today. I mean, I kinda miss being in a bind and having to make a pipe with a toilet paper roll, some aluminum foil and a pin, but I ain't gonna try to re-create the experience.

Whoda thunk I'd end up growing my own and making concentrates....
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Seeing Hendricks,Joplin, and the doors live at the Capital therter in Passaic ( not at the same time ) that seedie mex. stuff stunk up the whole place. It was just something to smoke till something better came along. It was always around and cheep $20.00 a lid as I recall. A lid for u newbies is the top of a Prince Albert can of tobacco used as a device to ration out lids. Lol I don’t miss that pot.harsh,full of sticks,seeds and what have u. we Have come a long way baby and the ride has just begun 😁

Comment

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We measured a lid a bit different, fill the baggy until it measured 4 fingers,,, I have big fingers,, all for $10! Of course the kilo was $90 at that time,,, then came scales
                      And I planted all them seeds,,,

Originally posted by Potted View Post
                    Seeing Hendricks,Joplin, and the doors live at the Capital therter in Passaic ( not at the same time ) that seedie mex. stuff stunk up the whole place. It was just something to smoke till something better came along. It was always around and cheep $20.00 a lid as I recall. A lid for u newbies is the top of a Prince Albert can of tobacco used as a device to ration out lids. Lol I don’t miss that pot.harsh,full of sticks,seeds and what have u. we Have come a long way baby and the ride has just begun 😁
                    a lid and a oz. we’re two different things back in the day. And yes a four finger oz was just that. But a lid was like a half or more if it was heaped up 😁

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ya learn something new every day. Always thought a lid was an ounce, which is now sometimes called a zipper (for zip lock, I guess.)

• Redwasp
                      Redwasp commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have no idea what they call them in other areas but here 1/4 is called a cutie, an ounce a slug (a 12 gauge slug weighs an ounce,) and a pound is a catfish, I'm told it's because the average bone in catfish at the grocery weighs a pound.

Out of curiosity is that what they call them where ever you guys are at?

alltatup you used a word I havent heard in awhile in a post recently. You said "kind bud." That I have not heard in awhile. But when it was commonly used kind bud was really good. I'm guessing it was mid to late 90s through sometime in the 2000s.

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I heard the term used around 2005, back in TX. Here in the dirty south, the brothas and sistas call the really good shit "loud." I really like that one. "my bud be LOUD!!!"

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X