PH problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH problem

Good morning everybody. First i can't do pictures. I have a 4 x 2 cabinet. A reservoir with about 25 gallons of water. I am using RO water. 5 white widow x big bud plants nearing harvest. I'm using half strength botanicare nutes. Base, bloom, pure blend tea, cal mag plus and hydrogaurd. The PH will not stay up. It went from 6.0 to 5.5 over night. The leaves look like a calcium and or magnesium deficiency. The last 2 weeks i used full strength cal mag plus. The leaves seemed to have not gotten worse but ph won't stabilize. Like i said i'm using ro water so i am thinking about using our well water and eliminating the cal mag plus. Thanks for any advice you can give.

My friend said he listened to a podcast and it said something about nute lockout and calmag. But he could not recall what was said.

Comment

most times when ph is dropping its root problems.stinky water is also a sign.leaves going yellow is normal late in the cycle.

Comment

Thanks. Water smells fine. It is not yellowing from late in the cycle. The roots look good just a little brown from the nutes.

Comment

I think you mean too much potassium causing calcium to lock out, hard to flush potassium, I use botanicare too. What “teas” are you givin her?

Comment

I am using botanicare pure tea blend at 1/2 strength. Along with base, bloom, and cal mag plus at 1/2 strength. The water is at 0 ppm before adding nutes.Thanks my friend.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              What’s the final EC/ppm??

even if theres no smell and roots look ok ph dropping is a problem . perhaps some h2o2 ?also root problems will show in all different ways making it hard to diagnose.
            Last edited by Flyfisher; 12-02-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks Fly. Starting the flush tomorrow. The next round i'm going to try my well water and no cal mag and see what happens. Like one of the tutorials on here says "problem solve that shit".

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X