Is this a hermy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a hermy?

Hello, I have 4 plants form an uknown strain(bagseed) and they are starting to show their sexes, I'm pretty sure I have 2 girls and 1 boy, and the last one I'm not sure, maybe a hermy but I'm not sure, could anyone help with that?

the male look sick, I was toying with the idea of harvesting the pollen, but maybe is not worth it, now if the last one is a hermy I will kill it

thanks
    Pura Vida!!

Last one looks male to me . Only thing i see is balls. Bad luck man i just did same thing as you and tried out some bagseed and only got one male out of 4.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• LordD
      LordD commented
      Editing a comment
      that's what I thought at first, but then it got one pestil like strand, that is why I think is a hermy, anyway I'm happy I got 2 females I was prearing for the worst from this no name bagseeds

Howdy LordD, The first one is definitively a male. The two females look good but the last photo could be a female as well, it appears to have a couple of pistils protruding so I would say to give it a little more time to see for certain. Good luck.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• LordD
      LordD commented
      Editing a comment
      that is why I'm not sure about it being a male, I will wait(btw i'm curious to see if is a hermy, that would mean I got the 3 "sexes" in my first grow lol)

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have had 'hermies' (mainly due to nanners from stress) on several of my grows. I do not consider this to be a great problem because, first , there has been only a relatively small amount of seeds produced and, secondly, all of the seeds produced have been female. In fact, my last two and the current grow have all been with the hermied seeds. The germination rate has not all ways been so good, the current grow had only a 50% germination rate, but for 'free' seeds, that is not too bad.

• LordD
      LordD commented
      Editing a comment
      well yeah I think that is one of the ways feminized seed are made, not sure tho, the thing is I'm growing bagseed so I don't know if it's worth it to make more seeds of this unknown strain

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X