No announcement yet.

First Kind Soil Grow Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy...this is so helpful to see how the Kind soil is working for you. Some lovely plants there! I'm currently day 24 with my first Kind grow (Bubblelicious auto...got a thread showing results) and though it's still early, I'm pleased as punch with how the plant is thriving on just plain water! Too easy! 😊 Definitely am glad to have discovered it. Good luck with your babies!
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

• Thumbless Bastard
      Thumbless Bastard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, so far this soil has been great! I have seen your grow and it looks as if you are having nice results as well. Can't wait to taste the difference in flavor.

The plants are looking great. Ill also be using kind soil. Right now the are in cups. But when they're ready ill be transplanting them to a bigger pot with kind soil.

Comment

• Thumbless Bastard
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! The soil has been easy so far. Still have some time but I don't see any major issues in the future. Hope you have great success!

Thank you i appreciate it. My plants aren't doing so great in the cup. Not sure whats wrong but ill find out soon hopefully.

Comment

12/27/2016 Weekly update:

I hope all my fellow growers are having the most dank holiday season!

There has been an interesting development since the last update as the flower room begins to fill and becomes slightly unmanageable. This is where defoliation, LST and tucking under really come into play. I am starting to smell flowering cannabis when I open the door. It has been missed and is such a treat to me.

The Kind Soil continues to perform awesome and I am still just adding 6.5 phd water. Still having issues with the Jack Herer, though.

Super Lemon Haze

Day 26 in flower.

This is the star of this grow as I suspected she would be. Bud sites are coming along and I did some decent defoliation this morning to expose more in the middle. Should be the last major defoliation I do and will probably just take a leaf here or there as I go along. This plant should take off flowering now.

Comment

12/272016 Weekly update:

Jack Herer

Day 17 in flower.

The Jack Here continues to have issues at new leaf sites. The leaves are very yellow and crinkled at the start. As they get older it seems to medigate and gets greener. I still believe she is having issues with the soil. I have considered that the ph of the water may be too high and have made a batch of 6.0 just for it. Has not made a difference and it continues to drink water at relatively the same pace as the others so I do not believe it is nutrient lock out. I am still hoping for a turn around when she is in complete flower. Any suggestion for me to ponder are welcome. I defoliated to get more light inside.

Incredible Bulk

Day 12 in flower.

The Incredible Bulk is performing like a true Indica and is making me regret topping it. Still, she is performing very well and stretch is coming along as expected. Gave her a bit of defoliation but there are only a few fat leaves to take.

Comment

12/27/2016 Weekly update:

Afghan Haze

Day 12 in flower.

This is where the development comes in. As a reminder, the genetics of this plant are of my crossing between an Afghan male and a feminized Amnesia plant. Well, we have a male in the mix. Damn, my heart sank a little when I got confirmation. I figured it was a male by how much it was stretching daily. So this is the plan. I am going to take it along and harvest some pollen to use. I will document how I do this as some of you will hold your breath with a maturing male in the flower room. It won't be there long and it requires constant attention. So all in all not a complete loss if I can get a few dozen seeds. Wish me luck!

Comment

Great to see those updates on your Kind soil grows! Photos looking down at canopy are super! I'll have a good indication in a month on how my Kind soil grow makes it through to harvest. Hope your Jack Herer comes around, and god luck with the male in your room. 🐸
            Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
            Recent grows...
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

01/03/17 Weekly update:

Happy New Year to my fellow growers of the green!

This update brings us a continuation of plant training, defoliation and the removal of the male plant from the flower room (you really didn't think i was going to let it drop pollen in there did you?).

The Kind Soil continues to be performing exceptionally well. It has been a pleasure to watch how healthy these plants are growing.

Super Lemon Haze

Day 33 in flower.

I am now getting a scent of lemon drops coming off this plant and I am excited! This plant is performing better than I am used too, (thanks to Kind Soil) and I am going to have to perform at least one more major defoliation in the next week. I believe I have gotten the top canopy set with a ton of bud sites. Now I will just need to keep them exposed.

Jack Herer

Day 24 in flower.

I am seeing improvement in this plant now that it is switching to flower. I was hoping this would happen. She is stunted at this stage and will suffer a loss in production, but let's see what happens. I decided to go ahead and HST and some defoliation.

Comment

• Charlie
                Charlie commented
                Editing a comment
                your right very nice canopy.

• rockman
                rockman commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet....very healthy and a super contrast between buds and leaves. Enjoy the exciting bud development still to come! 😊

looking great...congrats on your efforts

Comment

• Thumbless Bastard
                Editing a comment
                Thanks man. Just experimenting and hoping.

01/03/17 Weekly update:

Incredible Bulk

Day 19 in flower.

Stretch has slowed and I am starting to LST some to get the middle exposed. Here is an example of why you should check your plants very well every few days. I found a few male flowers beginning to develop at some node sites and quickly removed them. I recall the last time I grew this plant the same thing happened. I thought I had caused it but maybe it is inherent in the genetics.

Afghan Haze (male)

Day 19 in flowering.

My plan was to keep it in the flower room by removing any early male flowers, but a few days after the last update it was apparent it was time to move it away from my girls. I placed it in my garage with a grow light on it waiting for some pollen to harvest. I place a box over it at roughly the same time it is used to. I expect to get some pollen by the next update.

Next weeks update will include some new equipment as I have a Mars Hydro 300 arriving tomorrow. I have been very aware that my flower room does not have enough light. I got a great deal on the Platinum LED 150 and knew it would struggle to accomplish what I wanted to do. I had to add cheap grow spots to supplement and have crippled by. Not anymore! With the spectrum out put of the Platinum and the 5 watt diodes on the Mars I should be set. This grow should finish nicely.

Comment

Weekly update for 01/10/17

This week's update has the addition of the Mars Hydro 300 to the flower room. I knew it was a cheap light and I wasn't expecting a lot. I just needed a little more and that is about what I got. In my next set up it will work great for seedlings and vegetating. For now, it will do to get that extra light the ladies have been needing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 10 update lights 1.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	40584Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 10 update lights 2.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	40585Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 10 update lights 3.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	40586The Mars Hydro 300 next to my Platinum LED 150.

The Kind Soil continues to rock on three of the plants (2 female, 1 male) while the Jack Herer continues to have issues. I have not deviated from the watering regimen of 6.5 ph water with some drying between waterings. Hoping everything continues to finish up well.

Let's get started with the male which has been separated and is living in the garage(Been there a time or two). I have been collecting pollen and have pollinated a bud on the Super Lemon Haze and Incredible Bulk.

Name:	Jan 10 update Afghan Haze flower.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	40587Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 10 update pollen.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	40589Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 10 update Super Lemon Haze 2.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	40588 The bottom bud has been pollinated and the pistols are dying. I will continue to harvest the pollen for a few more days then store it for future use. I don't know about any of you but I would gladly pay for pollen from some of these breeders as I love to create.

I will consider the male plant a success and the only thing left is to check how the roots hit the Kind Soil.

Jack Herer
                Day 31 in flowering.

The shift to flowering has helped this plant and I suspect I will still pull something decent out of it. It is just going to be stunted.

Name:	Jan 10 update Jack Herer 1.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	40590Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 10 update Jack Herer 2.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	40591 Flowering is starting to look good. I did not pollinate this plant as I am not sure if it was sensitive genetics that caused it problems. Don't want any genetics that are iffy.

Incredible Bulk
                Day 26 in flowering.

Name:	Jan 10 update Incredible Bulk 1.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	40592Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 10 update Incredible Bulk 2.jpg
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	40593 It's a little sparse but I think it will fill in as time goes on.

Super Lemon Haze
                Day 40 in flowering.

Name:	Jan. 10 update Super Lemon Haze 1.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	40594Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 10 update Super Lemon Haze 3.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	40595 This plant is starting to bud up and now I am hoping for it to fatten up. Seeing some nice crystals and the scent is very pleasant. My dog is looking on with approval.

Name:	Jan 10 update flower room.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	40596 Here is the flower room. I am excited to watch this grow. It has been so easy and stress free. I have grown several ways with different mediums and this has compared to the best of any of them. Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing from here on.

Comment

• bobsakamoto
                  bobsakamoto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  those look great thumbless!...oh man, that is SUCH a good idea about buying pollen!! i wonder how could we try to make that happen

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just came across this journal and subscribed! The buds look like they're really fattening up, with a lot more growth left!

I was wondering, would you mind if I published your male and pollen pictures to the website? I really like how you have a coin for scale and your pictures look great! I think it might be helpful to other growers who might not know what to expect

• Thumbless Bastard
                  Editing a comment
                  Nebula. Absolutely, you may use any photo you want of mine. If you need it in any other form or size let me know.

Rockman...Thanks man. Stuff is awesome.

Bob...Yeah there has to be a market.

Looks great..all of them...happy girls happy girls

Comment

Weekly update: 01/17/17

GREETINGS to my fellow growers.

I want to thank all that put efforts into growing this plant. Successful or failure it kicks the ball a little more down the field and we can't let momentum stop now. This forum and the GWE website are always a great place to keep you honest on your grows. Just pay attention.

Hope all of you have your meds planned out for Friday. I may have a cocktail of every Indica leaning strain I have. Enough of this...we have an awesome grow room to look at!

As this is a Kind Soil test grow I will start by saying this is some incredible stuff. If you have a decent system and have a little knowledge this stuff rocks and the following pictures will prove it. Highly recommend as I can't see anything changing as I go forward. I have not changed the watering routine and I think this has been key to some of the success.

I will finish off the male plant as all the pollen I need has been harvested and the plant has been nearly devoured by my worms. Cool! As you can see the male flowers turned a little purple due to it getting near freezing for a couple of nights in the garage. *NEBULA* of course you may use any picture I have. Small price for the awesome website and this growing forum. Happy to contribute!

Name:	Jan 17 update male flower 1.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	43806Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 17 update male flower 2.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	43807Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 17 update seeded flower.jpg
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	43811 A successful pollination!

Now for what we are here for....the LADIES!

Here is a few shots of the flower room.

Name:	Jan 17 update flower room 3.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	43808Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 17 update flower room 1.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	43809Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 17 update flower room 2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	43810

Jack Herer

Day 38 in flowering

This plant is still having problems as is evident in one of the pictures, but it still continues to grow. Look at that frosting! This plant is going to put out some tasty smoke.

Name:	Jan 17 update Jack Herer 1.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	43812Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 17 update Jack Herer 2.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	43813

Incredible Bulk

Day 33 in flowering

Incredible Bulk is living up to its name. This girl is going to have some FAT buds.

Name:	Jan 17 update Incredible Bulk 1.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	43814Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 17 update Incredible Bulk 2.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	43815

Super Lemon Haze

Day 47 in flowering

The training on this plant is paying off as the number of bud sites are insane. Now to get her to fatten up the last two to three weeks.

Name:	Jan 17 update Super Lemon Haze 1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	43816Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 17 update Super Lemon Haze 2.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	43817

As you can see this is a pretty successful grow to date. I give credit to Kind Soil and GWE website for constantly giving ideas for the next step. Mainlining has already started on a clone of the Super Lemon Haze and I have started a Glueberry O.G. from Dutch Passion that will be trained this way. The Glueberry photo may be one of the first in the U.S. to be grown as it became available on the first. Got lucky to get it in a Black Friday deal from Seedsman. I am hoping to have time to document this grow as well.

Until next Tuesday...stay Dank!

Comment

Looking great....congrats...nice flat canopy!! :-) :-)

Comment

• Thumbless Bastard
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank You, Sir! Appreciate you stopping by.

dang, thumbless, just....DANG that's a LOT of bud sites, man! i'm so glad i subscribed, learned(-ing) a lot
                  "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• Thumbless Bastard
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you very much. I am just watering and watching at this point. They are getting stinky and sticky. Just the way I like them.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X