Couch lock, head high etc..... looking to find out what these mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couch lock, head high etc..... looking to find out what these mean

One thing I have not found in definition is the meaning of the type of high that can be produced by strains or harvest practices. I read couch lock and head high and some I can’t even remember. Can I get a sense of what this really means and in the answers, find what may be the better results for certain issues. Not a newbie but 50 years ago we smoked a joint or water pipe and giggled our asses off while watching stupid stuff on tv , listened to great music or had amazing sex or dove into a bag of potato chips, cakes and other gastronomic delights. The range of use has broadened substantially decades later and has been fully recognized as a well performing medication. I was just asking @weedpharma about a harvesting practice is uses for a type of high. Couch lock to me seems relatively self explanatory and I’m sure I’ve been there unless I overlook a few other details

where does home grown fit into this wide spectrum?

It's a hellava lot stronger now than it used to be, 50years ago, harvest with more clear trichs you get racy heart ,an paranoid,,more amber more couch lock.
    I try to harvest mine when i look thru the microscope ,and see at least 10-20 percent amber, on the calyxes, not the sugar leaves. I'm way to old for the paranoia, kinda like peeking out the window ,to see who's watching you,lol
    Lots stronger than it used to be, plus some dont ever get much amber at all,
    Hope that helps some, Farmall
    Everyones different though.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

The longer the plant grows the more ripe it becomes with more amber trichomes = couch lock, if harvesting when plant shows a bit of amber is a better option fo me.
      So veva la difference it’s your choice how it ends up. Lol

Comment

Well, I’m with D.A.A.S.69. .... after this much time getting to this age and stage of life, I do not need paranoia I really need a smooth analgesic effect for constant pain and 30yrs of Lyme. When I was younger, I just wanted Hendrix to sound good... ain’t it something how some things change ?

Comment

I just harvested this girl, I like the trippy high with just enough momentary panic so u know its gonna hit hard. So I waited till I had probably 80 % cloudy and just a few amber starting to show, having just tried it for the first time I'd have to say I'm feeling pretty well locked down lol

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Goodness, they are sure frosty

• Chemichael
            Chemichael commented
            Editing a comment
            And THAT is how you determine your high- indica and sativa aside- the above example should be the mark of opening the harvest window. It doesnt look too early at all. It will be super buds im betting - and the high you are looking for. If you waited 2 more weeks- you would get the more sedative couch lock effect Which I would never really want personally

Head high changes your perception about what's going on around you or about what your thinking about. It makes you think alot and sometimes causes paranoia. It can create very creative thoughts, make you very talkative, or the opposite very introspective. Really strong head highs can be almost physcadelic.

Couch lock makes you want to sit on the couch watch TV or listen to music. Not great for daytime but awesome for after work and relaxing. Can be great for sleep.

Energetic obviously makes you want to get up and do stuff but when added to a strong head high can be a problem if you are new or havent smoked alot.

Giggly euphoric is what we used to smoke in the 70s etc. Makes you outgoing, everything funny, and just makes you feel good and happy.

pain relief, narcotic effect is what makes your toes tingle and gets rid of pain. Very strong narcotic effect can make you feel like you peed your pants. Lmao

To sample head high try White LSD. To try couch lock try Aurora Indica. To try pain relief try White Widow. To try a great all around High try Green Crack. To try Giggly Euphoric try Carmelicious.

Comment

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Redwasp, Going to try Carmelicious. On 2nd thought I think all four sound good.

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes you cannot go wrong with any of the above. All great strains. Each has their place and are very good at it.

So here’s a question.... I had about 8-9 hits on an oil vape pen of Bruce Banner before bed. That was my first time since the 1970’s of using anything. The next morning about 7 hours later when I woke up, my head felt dizzy and a little disoriented for about 2-3 more hours.... since this has happened 2 of the 2 times I tried this, what kind of high would this be categorized under?

because, THAT was not for me

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            That I cannot answer as I've never smoked Bruce Banner. And since it was an oil in a vap it may not have actually been Bruce Banner.

I also am not aware of any MJ that would last that long from smoking or vaping it. Edibles can last that long sometimes but even that would be an awful long time to still be affected.

Maybe someone else has an answer to your question but that is not typical of any mj that I am aware of.

• Joker
            Joker commented
            Editing a comment
            If you haven't smoked since the 70s I would say you smoked way to much , if it was one session. With the potency of today's weed and extract 2 or 3 hits would have been plenty. Try one good hit then wait 15min before taking a second etc

Thanks Redwasp, we smoked a lot of pot in the early 70’s and never had that kind of feeling. Like we discussed...it was mostly laughing and giggling for 4 hours or so. This was dispensary stuff and I was just thinking....maybe because it’s medical grade it’s that type of experience. It was the only smoke I had used since then. Funniest part was, I went to YouTube to watch a video on the correct way to use that oil cartridge pen. They said “ take a draw on the end for 10 seconds “

THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE ... the coughing and coughing was insane ...worse than the old joint days.. that miserable feeling prompted me to buy that MV 1 vaporizer.
          but that sickening experience has me STILL holding off using it....

Not afraid of it but (ok, a little bit) but just not ready to go that route yet....I have several tinctures to go. They seem to do ok but I hear the vaporizer is the way to go

By the way: you guidelines above are truly the only guide I’ve seen anywhere...👏

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            I like my different strains and the different effects they have. I have like 13 different types I can smoke currently and use them all at 1 time or another for the different effects. So I'm quite familiar with the differences in smoke. I also grow new strains every grow.

Oh and Joker is right. The weed now is not the same weed as in the 70s. In the 70s 10% thc was very high. Now more like 18% is normal 30% is possible. And you smoked a concentrated version of one of the strongest strains out there right now in Bruce Banner.

Try it again with with one nice pull. And work from there. There are a few strains out that if grown right can knock a seasoned smoker for a loop with 1 or 2 long hits.

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, these are some major differences. Back in August I thought...it’s all the same stuff with some minor differences...just like 1973...a few one hit types every 6 months or so and the rest was just giggle smoke. Today, I have a WHOLE NEW VIEW of things. Quite the awakening of a sleeping dog

• Joker
            Joker commented
            Editing a comment
            Not long ago I took 2 good bong hits of a strain called Alien . Within probably 5 min I started feeling funny and luckily I was sitting because I basically fainted for about 20 sec. Very scary, once I snapped out of that the rest of the high was a panic trip. No fun at all.

Yes today is a whole new game. And with it becoming legal in more places and in whole countries expect it to jump by leaps and bounds. Just start slow and never let someone make you feel bad for just taking 1 hit. It's all about what you want to feel like. Do not let others dictate how much you smoke. Yes some people can smoke all day long and alot but honestly if you can get where you want with just a hit or two you are far better off.

Comment

• Joker
            Joker commented
            Editing a comment
            You are 100:% right. With weed, less is more. I've been a heavy smoker and you can only get just so high, after that u are just wasting weed. Far better to manage your tolerance so that one or two hits makes you right

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X