No announcement yet.

White Widow Grow Journal (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL White Widow Grow Journal (First Grow)

It's my first time growing and I was given a couple seeds from a friend. I've decided to only grow one of the seeds for now in an effort to hedge my bets if I mess it up.

The seed came from Nirvana and is a feminized White Widow.

I'm using Jiffy peat pots to start my seed, a heat mat, and a mason jar (no lid) covered with hole poked saran wrap for the humidity. I originally stated the seed under a glass flipped over (see photo), but then realized that may be depriving it of oxygen. It was that way for the first 3 days.

The seed has been planted for 4 days now, but has yet to break the surface. I'll post some more photos once/if it does!

Philzon 600W LED
    36x20x62" mylar grow tent
    4" carbon filter with 203 CFM fan with speed controller
    3 gallon fabric grow bags
    Fox farm nutrients (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom)
    Fox farm ocean forest soil
    VIVOSUN 36"x20"x62" grow tent
    MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
    Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow
    Mother Earth coco coir

Spray with 6.5 PHed water twice a day and use a plastic sandwich bag as a dome until she pops. The best advice I can give is don’t overwater. A good temperature for
    starting seeds is between 75-80 no hotter or you’ll cook the seed. I have the same heating mat and mine gets to hot without a thurmastat to control heat or I’ve raised her off the mat with layers of plastic until desired temp is reached. Good luck and welcome to the show😎

Comment

Originally posted by Potted View Post
      I’ve raised her off the mat with layers of plastic until desired temp is reached.
      Thanks Potted! I took your advice and raised the plant off the heat mat about 2". I have a wireless thermometer in the grow tent, so I'll keep an eye on the temperature.
      MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
      Mother Earth coco coir

Comment

It has been 9 days now, and the seed has not sprouted. I've maintained moisture levels and temperatures (~75 F) throughout the process.

I ended up carefully brushing the peat away from the top until I found the seed. It has germinated, but the root system is only a few millimeters long. Aside from the size, the tap root looks healthy.

My main concern is maybe I provided too much moisture with my Jiffy peat pod. Last night I moved the peat pod to a 3 gallon pot and put an incandescent light closer to it (about 2-3 feet away) to help dry it a little bit.

I'm probably doing this all wrong. Haha. Any idea why my tap root isn't longer, and why it hasn't sprouted?
        MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
        Mother Earth coco coir

Comment

• KenneyHo
          KenneyHo commented
          Editing a comment
          Still on my first grow as well but I do know some seeds can take longer to sprout than others. It’s germinated, that’s half the battle. Give it a little more time and she’ll break through.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X