Nutrients problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients problem

I am using 5 gal bubble buckets filled with 4 gal water & nutrients using 6" pods. growing white widow auto female .I am using Nebula Haze Recirculating Nutrient Schedule
    General Hydroponics Flora Series + CaliMagic
    PH 5.98 . I am not using CaliMagic . for seedlings he put 1/4 tsp per gallon NPK. I did the same and it brunt plants up.
    I just trying to figure out what happened . any help would be appreciated .

How old are they, you said seedlings, how many sets of serrated leaves? She shouldn't need nutes until roots come out the bottom of the net pot. Those baby leaves will keep her alive until then.

Comment

I also run 5 gal bubblers. 4 gallons sounds like your net pot is under water a bit. To get my water level to just touch the bottom of the net pot I'm at 3 gallons plus 4 cups. Has nothing to do with your nute issue, but I believe you want the level at the bottom of the pot, not have the pot partially submerged. My .02.

Comment

That's odd, 1/4 tsp per gallon of each bottle from the Flora trio is what I always use for seedlings from seed and I've never had them burn. And that's with very hard water plus CaliMagic, too. How dark was the water after you added nutrients? It should be very light, almost clear at that strength. If the water was dark it means you may have accidentally added more nutrients than you intended.

Is it possible it was actually something else besides tip burn that hurt them? What do their roots look like? One thought that comes to mind is do you have at least 1-2 inches of an air gap under the net pot? 4 gallons seems like a lot of water for a 5 gallon bucket, it makes me wonder if they're not getting the air gap and possibly suffering from root problems or damping off.

Is it possible to post a picture of the plants in the setup? Sometimes a picture speaks a thousand words

Comment

You didn't take my advise did you?

Comment

I owe Nebula an apology. I did not follow your nutrition gide. I was mixing 1 gallon to 3.5. I started mixing as Nebula instructions and my plants are jamming. I saved all 4 plants.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
              NebulaHaze commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm just glad to hear your plants are doing better!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X