Serious question about light, space, yield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Serious question about light, space, yield

Okay so when it comes to 1 gram/watt. That's what is considered a perfect indoor grow. Right? So if i have a 400w light, i should shoot for 400 grams right? So thats all understood. Now as far as g/m²...the strain I'm growing has a high yield expectancy of 500-600g/m². Again that's a square meter and my tent is only 2x2..so what and how do i factor this all together to get an estimated yeild?? If anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks..
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

NebulaHaze, I should have posted this in the sticky questions section but I just needed help and forgot. But i figured if anyone knows the answer I'm looking for it's you. I would really really appreciate it! ☺ thank you!
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

250 grams possible ? its about half size, so half yield ?

Comment

Roughly calculates to 1/2g per watt.
        They are normally talking a 1meter x 1meter space under a 1000w bulb when they estimate the yeild like detailed above. Keep in mind this is optimal conditions, so could potentially be less...but no more than.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          so im looking at the average potential? Around 200g no matter how long i veg or how many plants?

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Given perfect conditions/environment and space utilization yes. But I never plan on things going perfectly. Especially the first time growing a strain.

The gram per watt standard is strictly exclusive for sodium discharge technology. The gram per watt figure with other technologies such as LEDs and fluorescents will not follow the same system because of the differences in efficiency. A system with higher efficiency will be easier to reach gram per watt results. A system with lower efficiency will be harder. The efficiency of the grower cannot be gauged when this happens and the same applies when autoflowers are used, as more biomass is generated per energy input provided (longer light cycles)

The yield per square meter for particular strains can be an average, usually with ideal equipment which uses the maximum potential for that area of space. To convert the yield per square meter to a specific square feet area, you just apply the equation for such a calculation. Which in this case, to convert 500g per square meter to per 4 sqaure feet, you convert the square feet of your grow area to square meters (which is 4 feet divided by 10.76 = 0.371 square meters) and then multiply 500g by 0.371. Which gives you 185 grams per 4 square meters.

Hope that makes sense

Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          👍 no problem

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          The metric system is far too exotic for Americans. You should help the Juice visualize the math. A square meter is 3.28 feet by 3.28 feet. That is where the 10.76 figure is derived from. 4 feet is a fraction of that 10.76 feet. So 4/10.76 or 4 divided by 10.76 = .371 the proportion, but in feet. Then it is a simple thing to multiply that percentage of the perfect yield of 500 grams. .371 X 500 grams.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. I think you meant to say 3.28 ft x 3.28 ft =10.76 sq ft.
          As an American I take pride in my unit conversions. 😉 If they are metric or standard conversions, makes no difference to me.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X